When I look around for girls’ Easter dresses, there’s a whole lot of smocking and seersucker and box pleats and classic peter pan collars. Which can be utterly adorable, of course. (Is any little girl not super cute when she’s all dressed up? Exactly.) Even so, not everyone is quite so traditional or dressy on Easter. So I thought I’d put together a few more modern options for Easter dresses for girls that are all pretty without being fussy.
I love all nine of these dresses — the shapes, the colors, the patterns, the styling. The best part: They’re all under $50. So maybe you can spend a little more on those Easter basket treats.
1. Floating Flower dress ($35.70 on sale, Hanna Andersson)
2. Floral Wrap Dress ($49, Tea Collection)
3. Hartstrings Girls Tulip Dress ($39 on sale, Saks)
4. Mandala Skirted Dress ($39, Tea collection)
5. Play Happy Dress ($29.75 on sale, Hanna Andersson)
6. Butterfly Jersey Dress ($4.95, H&M. Really!)
7. Japanese Floral Dress ($45.90, Zara; also available in a Butterfly Print D
8. Tucker and Tate Shirtdress ($36, Nordstrom)
9. Poppy Print Girls Dress ($45.99 on sale, Janie and Jack)
I think they’re all beautiful on their own, but extra-perfect those girls who might want to sneak in some jungle gym time on Easter, should you be fortunate enough to get actual spring weather in April. Plus, it’s nice to find some options that let kids wear their Sunday best a few other days of the week too.
CMP is an rstyle affiliate