With some of our closest friends and family (and yes, even you, our fabulous readers) taking the plunge into parenthood through the amazing gift of adoption, we’re always on the lookout for amazing finds as a way to celebrate their journey. So in honor of National Adoption Day today, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite adoption-related picks.
1. The beautiful My Journey, My Family adoption journal written by Zoe Francesca and illustrated by CMP fave Susie Ghahremani, is a lovely way for parents to document their adoption story without fudging around some of the traditional baby book categories.
2. We really adore the adorable “Chosen” adoption t-shirt from mom-owned Tiny Revolutionary, which captures the sentiment just perfectly.
3. For parents who have adopted a baby from China, the Chinese Satin Baby Blankets (pictured, right) are a perfect welcome home gift. Plus, 10% of the purchase price is donated to the Half the Sky Foundation, an amazing charity that finds homes for orphaned Chinese children w
4. The gorgeous necklace by Suzanne Meyers can be customized with kid’s names, but also birthstone accents. A gem representing the location from which your baby was adopted, or the month that they joined your family, can add a special touch.
5. Whether you’re an adoptive parent or not, you can make a stylish statement of support by proudly sporting a “Celebrate Adoption” shirt from Urban Belly (above). Today, or any day.
Happy National Adoption Day, mamas! – Kristen + Liz