We’re big fans of handmade hair clips, which make fun stocking stuffers and an inexpensive way to get in the holiday spirit. Whether you’re looking to coordinate with your daughter’s holiday best or just make a simple pair of jeans and red shirt look more festive, we’ve found a few holiday hair accessories that are sure to do the trick. Hold the big zany corker bows.
1. These retro holiday ponytail holders add vintage style to any outfit with sweet, subtle gold accents in the fabric. ($6 at CuckooBoo)
2. The Rudolph the red-nosed hair barrette from Giddy Giddy is cute, not cutesie. Oh okay, it is. But so what. We love it. ($8 at Itty Bitty Lady Bug)
3. Red, white and green flower hair clips are the epitome of festive and Berkley’s Clippies has a ton of holiday styles. ($7.50, left)
4. A clip that looks like a peppermint candy makes us want to watch the Nutcracker right now. ($11 at Little Something)
5. The wintery blue Maya Papaya Snowflake Heart hair clip is a nice change-up from typical ho
6. There’s a great collection of clips at Chloe in Style including a gingerbread girl,
a mini poinsettia, and a string of holiday lights that’s way safer than
putting an actual string of holiday lights in your daughter’s hair.
($10 at Chloe in Style)
7. Crimson red bloom barrettes
are a smart bet because when even when Christmas is a distant memory and
the tree has gone to mulch, they’ll still look adorable. ($5.95 at
Looking for kids’ holiday dresses to match these adorable hair clips? Check out our faves in our 2009 Holiday Gift Guide.