It is true that even the most careful measures can fail at times. Be it human or product error, there is nothing scarier than discovering that your contraceptive measure has failed!
If you are not ready, the mere thought that you may be pregnant, despite all the precautionary measures you took, can be alarming.
Thankfully, all is not lost. There are effective home remedies that can actually help prevent an unwanted pregnancy. In this article, we will explore such options.
Best Home Remedies To Avoid Pregnancy:
If you thought herbs and plants were used only for cooking or beauty purposes think again! Certain herbs have been used time immemorial as safe contraceptive methods.
Below, we’ve put down a list of some home remedies to prevent pregnancy naturally, and they have minimal health risks associated with their use.
1. Parsley (Ajamoda):
Parsley is one of the most effective home remedies that is thought to prevent pregnancy naturally.
- This herb is easily available, and is b
- Best of all, it doesn’t have any side effects associated with its use, considering that it is so mild.
2. Cotton Root Bark (Kapas ki jar ka chhilka):
The roots of the cotton plant stimulate the release of the hormone oxytocin, which is the hormone that causes childbirth – an effective way to prevent a pregnancy.
The dried root, cut in pieces, can be added to a cup of tea or brewed in hot water, and consumed around 2 times a day.
3. Angelica (Choraa):
This herb is also known as Dong Quai, and is believed to be another effective natural remedy for an unwanted pregnancy.
Angelica is thought to stimulate uterine contractions, which makes it most useful when consumed within 2 weeks of your last sexual intercourse.
[ Read : How To Avoid Pregnancy After One Month ]
4. Mugwort (Indian wormwood):
Mugwort is a leafy plant that resembles parsley.
- This plant, when dried, can be consumed with a cup of water to naturally prevent a pregnancy.
- Overdose of this herb is known to cause renal failure.
- Hence, make sure you limit the consumption of this herb or avoid it if you have any kidney problems.
5. Pennyroyal (Spearmint):
Pennyroyal has been used since ancient times to prevent unwanted pregnancies.
- The best way to use pennyroyal is to add dried bits of the herb to your tea, and start with a minimum dosage to reduce the risk of harmful effects, if any.
- It is important to seek medical advice before consuming this herb since it can also act as a potent poison if taken in the wrong dosage.
6. Blue Cohosh:
Blue cohosh is yet another herb that is thought to stimulate the release of oxytocin.
- Bits of dried blue cohosh can be brewed in the form of a tea and consumed daily for 2-3 times.
- It is better to seek medical advice before consuming this herb.
- Also, make sure you limit your intake to maximum 4 cups a day.
7. Black Cohosh:
Black cohosh belongs to the same family as blue cohosh, and naturally, is effective in preventing an unwanted pregnancy.
This herb is thought to work by stimulating the release of oxytocin which in turn, results in uterine contractions and prevents pregnancy.
[ Read : Safe Period To Avoid Pregnancy ]
Caution While Using The Above Remedies To Prevent Pregnancy:
- Advice of a professional medical practitioner is absolutely necessary if you’re looking for effective home remedies to avoid pregnancy.
- Not all herbs and foods used to avoid pregnancy are safe, and some of them may have side effects or risks associated with their use.
[ Read : Precautions To Avoid Pregnancy ]
We would recommend you to have a word with your doctor before your start consuming any of the above stated herbs. As wrong dosage or wrong herbs can cause complications to your health and in some cases cause infertility issues. So, first understand the right dosage for a safe and natural prevention.
Do share your views with us in the comment section below.
- Birth Control Shot – Everything You Need To Know
- Birth Control Ring – 5 Benefits & 10 Side Effects You Should Be Aware Of
- 6 Preventive Measures To Avoid Stillbirth