Do you have a 19 month toddler at home who needs constant attention and challenges? Is your toddler easily bored and you’re running out of ideas?
If you are finding it hard to keep your toddler entertained, read on to find some fun activities for 19 month old:
1. Looking Through The Family Picture Book:
- Lots of colorful photographs of family members, close friends and cousins – try and have individual pictures instead of group photos.
- A pair of scissors.
- Cardboards pieces cut out in a little larger size than the photographs.
- Help your toddler stick the photographs on the cardboard using the glue. It will help the photographs from tearing easily, especially since your toddler will be handling them later too.
- Once you make an entire batch of pictures, sit down at a clear space.
- Spread out the photographs and select photographs of those your toddler knows.
- You can begin by showing your own photograph and asking ‘who
- It is a fun activity to teach your toddler about various family members and also develop language. These learning activities for 19 month old are just wonderful.
[ Read: Activities For Your 20 Month Old Baby ]
2. Stir Stir Stir:
- A big non-breakable bowl, preferably plastic
- Two big spoons
- Corn flour
- Food coloring – optional
- Apron or old clothes to dress up baby
- Old newspapers
- In the bowl, mix a cup of water and add the corn flour. Keep adding both till there is a gloopy consistency, which is neither too solid nor too liquid.
- Take one of the spoons and show your toddler how you stir this mix.
- Give the other spoon to your toddler and let your toddler stir the mix as well.
- You can add a few drops of food coloring in some time, when you see your toddler’s attention wavering.
- Once your toddler is done, you can let him put his hands in the mix and try and make dough (of course it’s all in play).
- Keep telling your toddler about the different textures he is experiencing and the different motions he is doing.
3. Kick Back And Forth:
- A large soft ball that will not hurt your toddler. You can use a big soft plastic ball like a beach ball. It will be easier for your baby to play around with and not too heavy.
- You can play this activity in the outdoors and even inside your home. If you are playing inside, make sure you clear up some space for your toddler to play around.
- Stand a little away from your toddler.
- Slowly, roll the ball towards your toddler. If you haven’t played this game with your toddler earlier, it is best to begin by rolling the ball. Once your toddler responds, you can kick the ball slowly the next time. Kick it in such a way that it gently rolls over to your toddler.
- Encourage your toddler to kick back.
- Each time your toddler makes contact, encourage by shouting out and jumping
[ Read: Tips For Hosting The Perfect Playdate For Your Toddler ]
4. Dance To The Rhyme:
- Your toddler’s favorite rhyme.
- Play your toddler’s favorite rhyme on any device. Make sure your toddler can hear it clearly.
- Clear some area in the room.
- Now stand with your toddler and start acting out the rhyme.
- Try and emulate as many action words as you can from the rhyme. Do actions for words like ‘clap’ ‘jump’ ‘sit’ ‘stamp’ and so on.
- Practice this activity with different rhymes to help build your toddler’s vocabulary.
These four activities can be done indoors as well as outdoors. These fun activities for 19 month old toddler are just right for your toddler baby.You do not need to buy any special items for the same and can easily use whatever you have at home. Do try out some of these and let us know which ones your toddler loved the most.
- Top 10 Art And Craft Activities For Toddlers
- 10 Learning Activities For Your Toddlers
- 10 Quick Fun Activities For Your Toddlers At Home
- 10 Interesting Summer Activities & Crafts For Toddlers