While pregnancy may be one of the life-changing experiences you may come across, motherhood is something that you will never forget, especially if you’re a new mom!!
The joy of watching your little baby grow, laugh and respond to your talks, trying to crawl and sleep beside you cannot be expressed in words.
Every month you baby grows and it’s upon you as a parent to engage your darling in interesting activities. Make sure the activities you choose should be fun, and on the other hand helps in developing cognitive senses of your infant. To aid you on that we have compiled a finest set of activities, have a look.
Top 10 Activities For 8 Month Old Baby:
By now, babies become an expert in sitting and probably crawling too. They remain active and energetic; always moving around and exploring. It is now the right time to introduce certain activities and keep them busy.
Here we bring you a list of some really good 8 months baby activities to try out that will help them achieve a new milestone of d
1. Water Play:
It’s time to make bathing time more memorable for your little kid. Get him to the bathroom and place a container filled with water beside him.
- Allow your baby to splash, grab and pat at the water… most babies love the mess this creates!
- You can also add some bathroom toys and ask your baby to try and grab them as they float over the water; this is a great way to improve hand-eye co-ordination and motor skills.
- Talk to your kid while he plays in the bath – introduce simple words like water, tap, mug etc.
[ Read: 8 Month Old Baby Development ]
2. Sticky Ball:
Use a simple plastic ball (a medium sized to make sure that your baby doesn’t try to swallow it) and wrap it with sticky tape.
- But wait! Here’s the catch; you have to make sure that the sticky side of the tape is out!
- Once you’ve covered the ball firmly, hand it over to your kid. Watch him explore and try to separate the ball stuck to his hand
- Through this activity, your child is actually accomplishing and learning as he moves the ball back and forth between hands.
3. Have Conversations:
If you haven’t done that already, now’s the time to introduce the art of conversation to your kid. Take out a few minutes from the day, get him on your lap, and talk to him about his experiences.
- Did he play with the ball today? Talk to him about it… how he chased the ball from the living room to the bedroom.
- It’s also a great idea to introduce him to his day to day activities. As you take him for a bath, explain him how the water will clean his body.
- Colors, shapes and places play great importance now. Using a picture book, introduce him to animals, simple objects and food items.
[ Read: 8 Month Baby Food ]
4. Climb The Mountain:
Using pillows and cushions create a mountain on the bed or on a mattress and ask your kid to climb on it. This is one of the interesting 8 months old baby activities.
- You may have to help him out occasionally, but allow him to do majority of the climbing himself.
- This exercise will help your kid develop more balance, co-ordination and strength.
- It will also give him an exposure to new challenges.
[ Read: 8 Month Old Baby Sleep ]