Does your toddler love coffee or caffeinated chocolates? Did you know that coffee can hamper your little one’s health? Are you wondering why your little angel should avoid coffee? If you can relate to these questions or you know someone who does, read our post on can toddlers drink coffee? Here we look at some shocking effects of introducing coffee for toddlers.
How Coffee Affects Your Toddler’s Health?
So, why is coffee bad for toddlers? Well, some of its adverse effects are quite nasty. Some of them include:
- Caffeine is a naturally produced drug, which we obtain from the leaves and seeds of a plant. Drinking coffee at an early age can hamper the central nervous system, and your little one may suffer from insomnia and reduced concentration level.
- Drinking coffee can make him obese at a relatively young age. Obesity also triggers several harmful health conditions like an increase in heart rate or high blood pressure.
- Caffeinated beverages do not contain any vital nutrie
- Drinking a high percentage of coffee can lead to dental cavities. The high sugar content of caffeinated beverages affects his dental health.
- Caffeine is a diuretic, which increases the urination levels. He may suffer from frequent urination, which can also lead to dehydration.
- Discontinuing coffee consumption abruptly can cause other health problems like headache, muscle ache and depression in toddlers.
- Excessive consumption of coffee can also cause heart disorders and nerve related issues.
Symptoms Of Excessive Coffee Consumption:
You need to put an end to your little one’s coffee fixation. Why? Here are some outcomes of excess coffee consumption in toddlers:
- Sleeping disorder
- Increased blood pressure
- Stomach disorder
- Acute headache
- Concentration issues
- Increased heart rate
- Feeling of nervousness
Side Effects Of Coffee In Toddlers:
Now that we know coffee is bad for your kid let’s look at what side effects coffee consumption can trigger.
Coffee is a stimulant, which keeps the body active and energetic. Toddlers who drink coffee suffer from the problem of insomnia regularly. They suffer from sleeping disorders, and the harmful caffeine causes such negative health conditions of your toddlers.
Caffeinated drinks are acidic in nature. The acidity damages tooth enamel and increases the risk of tooth decay. If your kid drinks coffee, he is more prone to contracting tooth cavities.
- Bone Loss (Osteoporosis):
Coffee is a diuretic that increases urination. Excess urination can lead to dehydration and also cause calcium excretion from your body, which in turn leads to bone loss.
- Decreased Appetite:
Coffee fills your kid up and may kill appetite. As he is still growing, he needs food that contains all the vital nutrients, vitamins, and minerals. A well-balanced diet can boost the body growth and make your immunity system stronger.
[ Read: Symptoms Of Loss Of Appetite In Toddlers ]
- Difficult To Concentrate:
Coffee is a stimulant, and it often induces certain abnormal behaviors in toddlers, who may suffer from restlessness, difficulty to concentrate, irritability, and hypertension.
- Heart Disease:
Consuming unfiltered coffee increases the blood cholesterol levels and increases the risks of heart disease in toddlers.
Drinking caffeinated coffee elevates pressure inside the eye and can lead to glaucoma in toddlers.
With all such information about caffeine products, you need to limit the consumption of coffee for your little one. Get him to drink nutritional drinks like milk or soy milk, to enhance bone growth and other growing organs.
Hope you liked our post on is coffee bad for toddlers. Is your toddler addicted to caffeine? How did you introduce him to alternative drink options? Does he like those nutritional drinks? Tell us your story below.
- Is It Safe To Switch To Soy Milk For Toddlers?
- 10 Healthy Fruit Snacks For Your Toddler
- 10 Clever Ways To Get Your Toddler To Eat Veggies
- Top 10 Organic Foods For Toddlers