Is your child fond of making origami crafts? Are you looking for some origami tutorials for your creative child? Well, then you have come to the right page!
Origami is a fun art of making creative things by folding papers. Your child can learn to make different artifacts like animals, flower, trees, boxes and many other decorative items by using simple techniques of easy origami for kids. Your kid can enjoy this craft activity without the extensive use of glue and scissors. Here are top 15 origami crafts for kids.
1. Origami Boat:
- Take a rectangular origami paper and fold it in half.
- Then fold it partially, to make a crease on top.
- Fold the two upper corners to form a triangle.
- Now fold both the bottom layers of the paper upwards. It will give you an origami hat.
- Now bring the corners of the brim of the hat towards each other.
- Take the lower corner of the square and fold it upwards. Reverse and do the same for the other layer. Y
- Now pull the side outwards and flatten the piece. It will form a square.
- Finally, pull the top parts outwards to make a boat.
[ Read: Paper Cutting Craft Activities For Kids ]
2. Origami Dog:
- Take a square origami paper and fold it to make a triangle.
- Then fold the two top corners of the triangle to make the dog’s ears.
- Fold the upper layer of the bottom corner up to make the dog’s nose.
- Then make the eyes, nose, and tongue to complete the dog’s face.
3. Origami Hat:
- Take a rectangular origami paper and fold it top down. Then fold the bottom edge and crease well.
- Then fold the two corners towards the center.
- Fold the upper layer of the bottom layer up to the base of the triangles.
- Fold the same layer once again and crease well.
- Turn the paper over and do the same with the other layer.
- Open it out to form a hat.
4. Origami Santa Claus:
- Take a 6-inch square red origami paper.
- Using a pencil, draw the crease on the white side of the sheet. The crease should be 1.75 cm from the bottom left of the edge and 5.5 cm from the top right edge. Fold the paper along the dotted line.
- The again draw a line approximately 2.5 cm from the bottom right edge. Make a mountain fold.
- Rotate the paper clockwise. Can you spot the Santa?
[ Read: How To Make Paper Doll Chain ]
5. Origami Fortune Teller:
- Take a 6-inch square origami paper and fold it to make a triangle.
- Then fold it again to make a smaller triangle. When you unfold everything, you will have a paper with an X crease.
- Fold each corner toward the center of the square. You will end up with a smaller square.
- Flip over the paper and fold the corners to the center of the square.
- Then fold and unfold the bottom edge up to the top and the left edge to the right.
- Lastly, write the names of the colors on the outside flaps. Write the numbers and fortunes on the inside flaps.
6. Origami Fan:
- Take a 6-inch piece of bright origami paper.
- Fold 1 cm of the paper from the white side up.
- Flip and fold 1 cm of the paper again. Make sure that the edges line up at the bottom.
- Repeat the steps until you fold the paper completely.
- Open up the fan and get some cool air.
7. Origami Airplane:
- Take a rectangular origami paper and fold it down the middle. Unfold it to make a crease.
- Now fold the corners towards the ridge line.
- Fold along the crease line to form the body of the airplane.
- Now fold the wings down, one by one.
- Finally, unfold to create your paper airplane.
[ Read: Paper Flower Crafts For Kids ]
8. Origami Yacht:
- Take a square origami paper and fold it to make a triangle.
- Fold it again to make a smaller triangle. Now unfold the paper.
- Cut along the horizontal right crease.
- Now fold the paper in half, along the vertical crease.
- Now fold the lowest half toward the center.
- Open the top half and fold it along the vertical crease.
- Fold the bottom half under to get the flat bottom of the yacht.
9. Origami Bear Face:
- Take a 6-inch square origami paper and fold it toward the bottom.
- Now, fold the paper in half. Crease well and then unfold.
- Fold the left and right tips of the paper towards each other.
- Now again fold the left and right tips upwards at an angle. It will form the ears.
- Now make two more folds, folding the tips back slightly.
- Fold the upper layer of the bottom tip to form the chin.
- Flip over and then fold the bottom tip again. Now fold again to make the bear’s mouth.
- Draw the bear’s mouth, nose and eyes with a black felt tip.
10. Origami Pinwheel:
- Take a 6-inch square origami paper and fold it in half along both the horizontal and vertical axis. Crease well and then unfold.
- Fold the left and right sides towards the center.
- Now fold the top and bottom to meet at the center. You will get a small square.
- Unfold the top fold and make two diagonal folds.
- Bring the top part down and press the paper flat.
- Now rotate the paper 180 degrees and repeat step 6.
- Lastly, make two diagonal or quadrant folds and your pinwheel is ready.
11. Origami Bird:
- Take a square origami paper of any color and fold it to form a triangle.
- Fold the tip to the base of the paper.
- Fold the paper in half. Rotate it 90 degrees.
- Now fold both the flaps to form the bird’s wings.
- Unfold the wings so that the paper bird can sit horizontally. Your origami bird is ready.
[ Read: Tin Can Craft Ideas For Kids ]
12. Origami Shirt:
- Take a rectangular origami paper, preferably 8.5×11 inches.
- Fold 1.5 inches from the top.
- Make two cuts on each side, about 5 cm long.
- Now flip over the paper and fold both sides towards the center. It will form the collar of the shirt.
- Make two diagonal folds to make the shoulders.
13. Origami House:
- Take a square origami paper and fold it in half to make a rectangle.
- Unfold the paper.
- Fold the top and bottom halves to make them meet the crease in the center.
- Now fold the paper in half to get a small square. Unfold the paper.
- Flip over the paper and fold both the sides to make them meet the center crease.
- Open the top two corners and press to make a triangle.
- Now color and decorate your house any way you like.
14. Origami Star:
- Take a 6-inch square origami paper and fold it to form a triangle.
- Now fold the upper layer to meet the vertical line.
- Flip over the paper and fold it in half.
- Now you have to make the squash fold. For that, you need to open the top flap and press it down so that the vertical edge of the paper lines up on the left side.
- To make the other half, take another 6-inch square paper.
- Fold the origami paper in half to form a triangle.
- Now again fold the paper to form a second triangle. Put a drop of glue in the middle of the paper.
- Open the first half of the first part and slide the second half.
- Stick both the parts and your star is ready.
[ Read: Paper Plate Crafts for Kids To Make ]
15. Origami Whale:
- Take a square origami paper and fold it to form a triangle.
- Then unfold the paper and fold the left and right sides again to make them meet at the center crease.
- Now fold the top to make it meet the middle.
- Fold the entire paper in half and rotate it 90 degrees.
- Now fold the tail from the left side and your whale is ready.
Remember, to give your child colorful origami papers for this art activity.
Hope you liked our collection of simple origami for kids. Which of these origami crafts for kids did you like making? Share the image of your kid’s origami crafts with us in the comments section.
- 3 Amazing Remembrance Day Crafts For Kids
- 16 Interesting Family Craft Ideas For Your Kid
- 3 Creative Egg Carton Crafts For Kids
- 10 Creative Wool Crafts For Kids