Is your teen always in a hurry, especially in the first half of the day? Do you find yourself struggling to get your teen to eat his breakfast? Is he a fussy eater and can’t make peace with his breakfast, no matter how many culinary feats you attempt?
If you’re nodding in agonized agreement, we are here to help. Try out these quick, healthy, filling and delicious breakfast ideas that may tempt your teen to eat.
Top 15 Healthy Breakfast For Teens:
Here are 15 healthy breakfast ideas that are perfect for your busy teen:
1. Dressed Up Yogurt:
- Plain yogurt
- Jam of choice
- Toasted almonds or pistachio – roughly chopped
- Mix all the ingredients in the yogurt box.
- Enjoy these healthy breakfast ideas for teens.
[ Read: Best Healthy Foods For Teens ]
2. Instant Quesadilla:
- Flour tortillas (whole wheat or regular)
- Grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Thinly sliced apples
- Sprinkle cheese over one tortilla. Arrange the apple slices on top of the cheese layer. Close the open tortilla by covering it with another tortilla.
- Keep this tortilla in the microwave until the cheese begins to melt.
- Alternatively, melt a little butter in a pan and cook the tortilla until the cheese melts and it turns golden brown.
- Cut into bite sized pieces and serve.This breakfast ideas for teens are delicious.
3. Pizza For Breakfast:
- Whole wheat English muffin
- Tomato slices
- Shredded cheese
- Fried egg
- Finely chopped fresh basil
- Switch the broiler on.
- Slice the muffin into two rounded halves.
- Place a tomato slice on the top of one muffin half and layer it with shredded cheese.
- Close with the other half of the muffin.
- Place the muffin on a baking sheet and slide under the broiler.
- Broil till the muffin turns brown and the cheese melts. Remove from the oven.
- Remove the top half of the muffin.
- Add the fried egg and the fresh basil. Close with the muffin half.
4. Frozen Fruit Smoothies:
- Frozen berries or fruits of choice
- Orange juice or orange juice concentrate
- Frozen banana
- Flax seeds and roasted nuts – optional
Add all the ingredients except nuts in the blender and blend until you have a smooth paste.
- Top with nuts if using.
5. Eggs In A Pita:
- Chopped onions, red bell peppers
- Salt and pepper
- Feta cheese – crumbled
- Store bought hummus
- Pita – cut in half
- Break the eggs in a bowl and add some salt and pepper. Whisk well and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the onions till they turn translucent.
- Add the bell peppers and cook for about three to four minutes.
- Now pour in the eggs and mix everything well.
- Cook for about five more minutes or till the eggs are completely cooked.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Spread the pita with hummus and fill it with the egg mixture.
6. Granola Bars At Home:
- Old fashioned oatmeal
- Sliced almonds
- Shredded coconut
- Flax seeds
- Unsalted butter
- Dark brown sugar
- Pure vanilla extract
- Kosher salt
- Chopped dried fruits like raisins, blueberries, dates, cranberries and apricots
- Preheat oven to 325 degree F.
- Use butter to grease a baking dish and line it with parchment paper.
- Mix the oatmeal, coconut and almonds on a sheet pan and bake for about 12 minutes.
- Make sure to keep stirring the contents until they turn a light brown.
- Pour the mix in a bowl and add the flax seeds.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add butter, brown sugar, salt, honey and vanilla and let it boil.
- Keep stirring and cooking.
- Add the toasted oatmeal mix, dried fruits and stir.
- Pour the mix into the baking dish and press it down to smoothen out the tops.
- Bake it for around 25 minutes or until the mix turns golden brown.
- Let it cool for at least two to three hours. Cut into granola bar shapes.
[ Read: Effects Of Junk Food On Teenagers ]