Medical treatment for infertility is most often very expensive. Yoga is always the best option for any health issues, as it not only saves lot of money but also helps to cure in a natural way. This ancient technique of India is still appreciated and practiced worldwide because it is fruitful.
Causes for Infertility:
The most common cause for infertility is the stress we go through everyday life. As it is already known and proven by research, stress acts a major hindrance in a person’s fertility. It is estimated that one in six couples face difficulties in conceiving. The stress arises due to various responsibilities from career, home, partner and other commitments. Further, not having a baby after a long time can also be stressful. Stress affects our body so much that it creates various hormonal imbalances that result to different diseases.
Also, if you are a working woman and are in the late 30 to 40 years group, it is more likely that your chances of having a baby will
Fertility Yoga – Why Is It Essential?
The answer is simple. Doing yoga everyday enhances the body functioning and balances the mental state. With Yoga, not only your stress level comes down but emotional and hormonal balance is also achieved.
- If you have a hectic lifestyle, yoga helps you release the daily toxins.
- Doing yoga also reduces mental stress, thereby calming the mind. This in turn relaxes the entire body and the ability to function normally returns.
- Doing yoga eases the joints and increases the blood flow to the blocked areas in the body.
- Doing specific poses for fertility rushes an increased blood supply to the groin area, where your reproductive parts lie.
- The release of muscle tension in these areas stimulates the reproductive glands, thereby enhancing their function to conceive.
What Kinds Of Yoga Are Beneficial For Conception?
Yoga is all about how you do it and not how much.
- Hatha yoga is considered to be very ideal for fertility as it involves slower and flowing movements.
- The deep and slow breathing involved in this yoga calms your mind and allows for focus and concentration to set in.
- The various holding poses called Asanas will help improve blood circulation as your mind reaches a state of peace.
- While holding a certain pose, you have to imagine in your mind that a vital energy is flowing into your genital area.
- These productive mind associations actually trigger the feeling of well-being and energy to the affected area.
[ Read: Ayurvedic Treatments To Cure Infertility ]
The Top 14 Fertility Yoga Poses:
These simple yet powerful fertility yoga poses should be practiced on a routine basis. Learning from a good yoga teacher is advised to get the pose right.
1. Paschimottanasana (Seated forward bend):
The Paschimottanasana stimulates the ovaries and uterus. The forward bend stretches the muscles at the lower back, hips and hamstrings. This particular yoga for fertility relives stress, depression and it will gradually improve fertility levels in you.
2. Hastapadasana (Standing forward bend):
In Hastapadasana you have to bend forward touching the hand to the feet. It stretches all the important muscles of the back and this will improve the blood supply to the pelvic region and nervous system. This bend helps relieve stress from the abdomen region and make the spinal cord more flexible.
3. Janu Shirasana (One-Legged Forward Bend):
Janu Shirasana will be very useful during pregnancy as it will strengthen your lower back muscles. When properly executed, this yoga pose is very relaxing and releases tension from the lower back. It effectively stretches the calves and the hamstrings, making them very supple.
[ Read: How To Increase Male Fertility ]
4. Baddha Konasana (Butterfly Pose):
The Baddha Konasana improves the flexibility in your private part and hip regions, as it stretches the inner thighs, genital and knees. It helps release any toxins and negative energy in the areas of hip and groin. Your pelvis, abdomen and back are stimulated by plentiful blood supply. The flapping of thighs also increases sperm count in men. For women, coupled with Sarvangasana, it aids the ovaries to function properly and removing irregular menses. This pose not only increases fertility levels but also ensures a smoother delivery, if practiced till late pregnancy.
5. Viparita Karani (Legs Up The Wall Pose):
This position, Viparita Karani,relieves backache and improves the flow of blood to the pelvic region. As this pose stretches the back of the neck, front torso and back of the legs, it easily helps in relaxing your feet and tired legs. Even with a decent fertility rate, you can increase the chances of conception by relaxing in this posture after sex.