Pregnancy is one of the biggest joys of being a woman. For most of us, it is an experience we cannot express in words!
While conceiving can be one of the happiest things of your life, sometimes, a baby needs a little more help to arrive. This is where the methods of IUI come in.
What Is IUI Pregnancy?
For women who face challenges conceiving in a natural way, Intrauterine Insemination (IUI) is proved to be one of the most effective procedures in the recent times. It is a method of artificial insemination and helps in getting pregnant faster.
During an IUI, the sperm is inserted and placed in the uterus with a fine catheter for further fertilization of the egg and conception. The process involves placing the sperm quite close to the vicinity of egg so that the chances of interaction between the both are higher. Though not very different from natural way of reproduction, IUI is still done with human interference using procedure related instruments. Hence it is usual to d
[ Read: Pcos And Pregnancy ]
Symptoms Of IUI Pregnancy:
If you are planning to opt for an IUI method of conception, it is good to understand these symptoms well in advance so that you are well prepared and there are no sudden surprises.
Here are some pregnancy symptoms after iui procedure that usually develop as close as two weeks:
1. Implantation Bleeding:
Implantation bleeding occurs while embryo implants itself to the walls of the uterus.
- This implantation causes bleeding that looks exactly like spotting before menstruating.
- Implantation bleeding may or may not occur in all cases.
- You are likely to see the bleeding after two weeks of the procedure.
- This is completely normal as the process is working to get your pregnant.
- You may experience similar bleeding after 6 to 12 days of conception.
- There could also be a minor cramping felt.
2. Menstrual Delay:
Just like in a normal pregnancy, your menstrual cycle can get delayed as stress and several hormonal changes take a toll on your body.
- If you do not have your regular periods for the month, it is likely that you may have conceived.
- Consult your doctor regarding the same.
- You may continue to experience spotting and cramping even after getting pregnant.
- However normal this is, discuss the same with your gynecologist.
[ Read: Periods During Pregnancy ]
3. Tenderness In Breasts:
Your breasts tend to feel sensitive, tender and sore after the procedure.
- If the feeling continues after a delayed period cycle, you should take a pregnancy test to check the status.
- Sore breasts are a symptom that is experienced even during normal menstrual periods.
[ Read: Breast Pain During Pregnancy ]
4. Weakness And Fatigue:
You have just undergone an artificial insemination, and your body may react different or not react at all.
- It is but quite natural for you to feel stressed out, weak and fatigued as there is a great amount of anxiety involved from your side as time unfolds.
- There are also hormonal changes added to the pre-existing fears that spur the feeling.
- High levels of progesterone are likely to make you feel sleepy and tired all the time.
- There is also a lot of energy used up to increase the blood production in your body.
You are likely to experience the same kind of nausea that you would encounter with the morning sickness period of a normal pregnancy.
- Nausea is caused due to the increasing levels of estrogen hormone which drains your stomach.
- You will feel nausea any time of the day, with foul smells and odors making you want to throw up.
- On the flip side, you may not have nausea at all.
6. Food Cravings And Aversions:
Just like in normal pregnancy, you will develop strange aversions or cravings for certain kinds of food.
- This is also attributed to the shifting hormones.
- Often certain smells and appearance of foods can make you want to puke.
- A sudden fondness for select foods will also be on the rise.
[ Read: Food Cravings During Pregnancy ]
IUI pregnancy symptoms are very similar to that of a normal pregnancy as there is a simulation of the same done with a catheter. Just like in normal pregnancy, you may or may not experience these symptoms.
Making note of the same will help you understand what is to be expected after undergoing the IUI process. You can report any unusual symptoms to your specialist, ruling out complications.
Have an IUI story to share? Why not do it with all your fellow mommies here? Leave a comment.
- 3 Essential Tests To Take During Pregnancy
- 13 Causes Of Vaginal Bleeding During Pregnancy
- PCOS And Pregnancy – Causes, Symptoms And Treatment