Are you pregnant and preparing a list of what you can eat and what you should give up for now? Are you concerned that certain healthy foods can be harmful? Or are you worried that you may be excluding crucial foods that you think are harmful during pregnancy?
Are grapes your favorite fruit? Are you worried whether or not are grapes good for pregnancy? If you are looking for answers to your queries, read our post. Here we look at whether grapes are a hit or miss while you are pregnant.
Is It Safe To Eat Grapes During Pregnancy?
Whether or not you can eat grapes when you are pregnant is something that is a debatable topic. Some research says that when you are pregnant you should include a good amount of grapes in your diet. Other studies reveal that eating grapes and even raisins while you are pregnant is a strict no-no.
The reason many feel that grapes are not good while you are pregnant is because grapes contain a very high amount of resveratrol. Excess amount of the sam
Grapes contain many active molecules and have a wide variety of phytochemicals and flavonoids. They have anti-inflammatory properties too and support good health in your cells.
With so many conflicting views, you should consult your doctor to know whether or not you can have grapes when you are pregnant.
[ Read: Benefits Of Grapefruit During Pregnancy ]
Easy Recipes That Include Grapes:
Once your doctor does give you the go-ahead, try out these interesting and easy grape recipes below. Make sure you change any ingredient your doctor may ask you to avoid.
1. Chicken With Red Grapes:
You Will Need:
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 skinless and boneless halved chicken breasts
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup seedless rinsed red grapes
- In a pan, melt the butter and oil over medium heat. Once it is hot, add the chicken breasts. Cook it for about three to five minutes till it turns golden brown on all sides.
- Add the cream, salt and pepper and thyme. Bring the heat down to simmer. Cover and cook for about five to seven minutes.
- Remove the cover. Let the cream reduce till it thickens. Add the red grapes and let them heat up. Remove from heat.
2. Caramel Grapes:
You Will Need:
- 2 cups sour cream
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 5 cups green seedless grapes
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Mix the sour cream, vanilla and confectioners’ sugar in a large bowl. Add the grapes and mix well.
- Add the butter and brown sugar in a pan. Place it on medium heat and keep stirring until the mixture turns thick. Do not let it boil.
- Add the butter and brown sugar mix over the grape mix. Stir it properly until everything mixes. Let it chill for at least two to three hours before serving.
[ Read: Nutritious Fruits To Eat During Pregnancy ]
3. Grape Salad:
You Will Need:
- 1 pound green seedless grapes
- 1 pound red seedless grapes
- A pack of softened cream cheese
- A jar of marshmallow cream
- A pack of slivered almonds
- Wash the grapes and remove their stems. Place them in a bowl.
- In another bowl, add the cream cheese and the marshmallow cream. Mix them well till they turn soft and creamy. Pour this mix over the grapes. Mix everything well so that the grapes are completely coated with the creamy mix. Add the almonds and mix well again.
- You can eat it immediately or refrigerate it for an hour to let the flavors blend.
[ Read: Foods to Avoid during Pregnancy ]