Your little bundle of joy is nearing a year now, making it difficult for you to keep a track on him. Be it inside the house or the areas surrounding your house, he is excited exploring all possible places.
Here is a detailed post for you to know about 11 months baby development.
11 Month Old Baby Development:
Bring anything new and he will demand an inspection. While he is still very young, his activities have turned dangerous these days. It is very essential that you are vigilant and calm when it comes to handling your 11 month baby.
The best thing you can do is cordon off the places in your house that possess a risk and keep the surrounding clean. Design latches, cupboards and gates considering the safety of your 11 month old baby.
1. Overall Development:
Your baby may have started walking or is very close to it. Let him grow at his own pace and do not push him for developing any particular skill.
- You must not consider his acquisition of new skills as a sign of inte
- You can now easily understand his body language and know when he wants a sleep or wants to play.
- He will use both his hands equally and only when he nears the preschool age can you tell which will be his dormant hand.
- He can now understand simple commands such as “take the ball”, “come here”, but do not expect him to follow your instructions all the time.
- He can now pick up small objects and is likely to put it inside his mouth. So you need to be extra careful.
[ Read: 12 Months Baby Development ]
2. Physical Development:
Your baby is almost a year old now.
- If he is capable of standing straight you can position him against a wall and measure his height. When you do this over a period of time you can get an idea of how fast he is growing.
- You can take photos of your baby of different months and then compare to see how his face, leg shape and facial expressions are changing.
- While you may be tempted to throw away his used clothes, consider donating them. There are many families around who will be grateful by your donations.
3. Behavioural Changes:
This stage of your baby is often described as the “oral stage”. You will find him interested in sucking and gnawing everything within his close range.
- Your baby will inspect a stranger well before starting any interesting conversation at this age.
- He has now developed a close bonding with his caregiver and considers strangers as danger.
- You need to earn his trust over a period of time.
4. Eating Habits:
If you are breast feeding your baby it is a good thing to continue as long as both of you are happy. If your baby does not like to be bottle fed, then continue with breast feeding till it becomes a problem.
- Offering him milk in cups rather than in bottle can yield better results. It is better to avoid cow milk till be turns a year old.
- Formula solutions can be another option that you can try.
- Apart from this, he is now through with solids and probably interested in finger foods.
- Make sure he takes cereals, dairy products, meat, fish, poultry, vegetables, rice and wheat all through the week.
- Do not panic if he seems disinterested in no matter what you present on the table. He will gradually learn to eat with time.
[ Read: 11 Months Baby Food ]