Are you a new mom and breastfeeding your little one? Have you heard of various herbal remedies or supplements that let you lose weight naturally, without any apparent side effects? Are you thinking of trying something, in particular, like raspberry ketone?
If you would like to know more about the use of raspberry ketone and whether it is safe to consume while lactating, scroll down to know more.
What Is Raspberry Ketone?
Raspberry ketone is the name for the chemical form of the red raspberry. In its most prominent use, raspberry ketone is a weight loss supplement, and it helps improve metabolism. While it is mainly used due to its weight loss properties, there is no scientific data to back the claim.
[ Read: Is It Safe To Drink Herbal Tea While Breastfeeding ]
Is It Safe To Take Raspberry Ketones While Breastfeeding?
While you are breastfeeding, it is important to ensure that whatever you eat or drink is safe for both you and your baby. There are no direct health risks
[ Read: Benefits Of Drinking Chamomile Tea While Breastfeeding ]
Important Warning To Remember:
If you do plan to use any form of raspberry ketone while breastfeeding, make sure you speak to your doctor about it first. Also, here are a few warning signs you should consider before you consider using the same:
- Raspberry ketone has never been tested on humans to date. Any good effect of the same that you hear, like natural weight loss, or improved metabolism or burn fat does not have any scientific proof to back it.
- The USFDA has not evaluated any products that claim to contain raspberry ketone as a main ingredient and have not been put to any test.
[ Read: Diet Plan For Breastfeeding Mothers To Lose Weight ]
How To Reduce Weight Naturally While You Are Breastfeeding?
Before you embark on your weight loss mission, it is important to understand the practical realities of how your body will work.
- You spent nine months nurturing your baby inside you, during which time your body stretched and grew to keep your baby safe and comfortable.
- Through your pregnancy months as well as during birth and for a few months after that, your body goes through various changes that are a major source of trauma and severe exhaustion.
- While you are breastfeeding, your body uses all its natural reserves and energy sources to provide nourishment and nutrition for your baby. During this time, your body needs all the more love, care, and nutrition to sustain itself and to help feed your baby better.
- It is important to give your body time to adjust to the many changes it is going through.
[ Read: Is Glucosamine Safe While Breastfeeding ]
- Let your body heal for at least the first three to four months after giving birth. Once your doctor gives you the go-ahead, you can switch to simple forms of exercise that will help you get back in shape.
- Start walking around the house even as you feed your baby or put your baby to sleep. You can start by taking small steps in your room and gradually move around the house. Once your doctor has confirmed, you can take the stairs, start climbing the staircase, but make sure you do it gradually. Stop immediately in case of any pain or discomfort.
- Take your baby out for a stroll and take a proper walk. As your stamina improves, you can move on to slow running and jogging.
It is important to be sure about anything you consume while breastfeeding and your doctor will be the best person to guide you.
Have you asked your doctor about using raspberry ketones while nursing? What was the advice?
- Is It Safe To Take Painkillers While Breastfeeding
- Is It Safe To Take Drugs During Breastfeeding?
- 5 Effective Medications To Cure Migraine During Breastfeeding
- Is It Safe To Take Sleeping Pills While Breastfeeding?