Your darling is now 3 months old! She is now a lot more responsive than before, isn’t she? She has lost many of her newborn reflexes by this time and is gaining voluntary control over her movements. We are sure you will love to look at her movements for hours together.
For more information on 3 month baby development, here is a detailed post.
3 Months Old Baby Development:
You will find her having a good time familiarising with things around her. She now turns to the direction from where your voice is coming and may smile spontaneously. Apart from this here are more developments you will notice in your three months baby.
1. Changes You Must See:
You will be in awe how fast your newborn is growing. Here are some adorable changes you will get to watch:
- You baby now recognises faces and may chuckle delightedly at anything that amuses her. You can expect plenty of chomping, sucking, mouthing, drooling and chewing from her at this age.
- She has discovered the joy of putti
- She will now spend half of the time a day looking at her legs and hands.
[ Read: 4 Month Baby Development ]
2. Growth Of Your Little One:
You will find your baby visibly bigger now. If you have pictures of her as a month old baby, you can compare it with how she is now! She looks longer and rounder at 3 months.
- You may have already put her newborn clothes at the back of your wardrobe. It’s time for you to shop for some new, bigger-sized clothes!
- It is better to wash the newly bought clothes before making your baby wear them. This will ensure whatever your 3 months old baby wears is clean and germ free.
3. Behavioral Changes:
Be prepared for the delightful sequels and coos at this age. This is the way she makes her presence felt.
- You will find her practicing her vocal skills and her tonal quality keeps changing with her age.
- It might get difficult for you to understand if she is just testing her own voice or protesting against something.
- You can communicate by making some silly sounds.
- Games such as hide and seek with the blanket and blowing raspberries on her stomach can be fun now.
- However, remember, she is too small and thus you should not do anything that scares her.
Interaction And Play:
your child is now looking for a toy to play, and let us tell you, the best toy for your 3 months baby is you!
- Doctors suggest that parents who play with their babies develop a great kind of bonding.
- Be as positive and light hearted you can be while playing with her. Let her absorb herself in the games you play with her.
- You can also encourage your partner to join you playing with your little one. It can be a great stress buster for him as well.
- Make sure to understand her responses that show she has played enough. Her attention span and focus is relatively low at this age, so she will look for a break every now and then.
- If she loves the sling, you can carry her facing outwards, so that she can get a good view of the world outside. Make sure to buy a good quality sling.
[ Read: 3 Months Baby Activities ]