100 Nice and Beautiful Baby Girl Names with Meanings:
Beautiful Girl Names, “Must a name mean something?” Alice asked doubtfully.
“Of course it must,” Humpty Dumpty said with a short laugh; “My name means the shape I am – and a good handsome shape it is, too. With a name like yours, you might be any shape, almost.”
– Lewis Carroll!
Deciding a name for your baby is perhaps the most challenging task. It is this name that will be their identity throughout their lives. The very day you conceive, your family is so excited with the good news that they start speculating whether it will be a girl or boy and even suggest names. This specially happens in India, where law prevents the parents to know the gender of the baby beforehand, so they have to think of both names for boys and girls. Selecting a good baby girl name with meaning is always tough, since options are many!
Many relatives, friends and neighbors will suggest names that they would like to name their children, if you have already thought
You don’t want your child to be one of those kids who have the same name in her kindergarten class. Maybe you grew up with a common name and always longed for a name that was different than everyone else! This time you won’t like your child to experience it as well, so the name choosing session will be discreet and never ending, and you will surely get a perfect name at the end of your search.
Coming up with a memorable baby name can sometimes be a challenge. Often a unique name can come across as unpronounceable or difficult to spell. Selecting an uncommon name can be tricky too! Don’t worry, we’ve sorted it out here to make your search a little easier, and put down a collection of names you can keep for your baby girl, these names have unique and special meanings,at the same time they are not too unusual– just what you needed right?
[ Read: Baby Girl Names ]
100 Lovely and Meaningful Baby Girl Names:
Baby Names that Mean ‘Beautiful’:
What would a girl like more than her name denoting beauty?
- Amara: Strong, attractive, stylish
- Arabella: Lovely, elegant.
- Abigail: A father’s joy, beautiful.
- Abha: Ray of beauty
- Atiqah: Beautiful, loving
- Bella: Beautiful
- Charvi: Beautiful
- Nazneen: Charming
- Kaya: Appealing
- Rachel: Beautiful
- Reveka: Captivating
- Shayna: Beautiful
[ Read: Cute Baby Girl Names ]
Baby Girl Names in Sanskrit :
Names in Sanskrit language have thoughtful meanings. Naming of the child is the most fundamental Hindu “sanskar” or scripture based norms. Hindus select names with meanings that will inspire the child to follow the path of righteousness. Here are a few beautiful baby girl names and meanings for you to choose.
- Abhaya: Fearless
- Akshita: Wonder girl
- Ambar: The sky
- Amrita: Spiritual holy water
- Avantika: Queen
- Dhara: Constant flow
- Divya: Divine
- Jyotsna: Radiant like flames
- Karishma: Miracle
- Mohini: Most beautiful
- Shreya: Beautiful, auspicious
- Swara: Self shining
- Vaidehi: Sita, wife of Lord Ram
Browse through some more Sanskrit Baby Names For Girls
Names for your Baby girl Meaning ‘Moonlight’:
These names are linked to Moon Goddess– works best if you are a fan of mythology!
- Diana: Moon Goddess
- Celine: Moon
- Luna: Moon (in Spanish and Italian)
- Rishima: Moon beam
[ Read: Short Baby Girl Names ]
Names Signifying ‘Happiness’:
Who doesn’t want their child to be happy always? And a happy name will always inspire the child to spread happiness around!
- Farrah: Happy
- Muskaan: Smile, happiness
Names Meaning ‘Successful’:
We all want our kids to grow up to be successful, smart and happy adults. Some parents name their baby after a quality that they hold close to their hearts. If your child’s name means success, she will surely strive to live up to the name, this effort on her part is perhaps the first step to achieve success.
- Naila: Successful
- Yashita: Successful
- Fawziya: Victorious
- Yashashree: The Goddess of success
- Victoria: The name of the British queen which means victory still remains popular.
Names meaning ‘Flower’ For Your little girl:
Flowers have that special feminine touch about them, which is often associated with girls. Here are a few baby girls names with meaning referring to the gracefulness of a girl!
- Aboli: This is an uncommon Hindu name that means flower.
- Daisy: Many girls are named after these dainty white and yellow flowers. It is a cute name and suits a girl very well.
- Ketki: This name is often spelt as Ketaki; the spelling differs on the basis of community.
- Kusum: This name means Flower and it is very popular.
- Juhi: This flower belongs to the Jasmine family. You can also name her Juhi or Jasmine.
- Violet:This bluish purple flower is unique and beautiful. It is a favourite among many poets.
- Zahra: This is an Arabic name which means flower.