Congratulations on having a little baby girl!
Often, parents of a girl child look for short and unique, trendy name for their daughters. As parents, you may want to pick a cute and short name for your little baby– something that’s innovative and creative, and yet easy to pronounce.
Nowadays, when it comes to choosing a name for their beautiful baby girls, parents usually want to go for uncommon names rather than selecting a common one. They don’t opt for selecting long names as they are usually shortened by nicknames and they don’t want to spoil the name of the child especially when it’s a girl. Selecting an appropriate name for a girl child is a great responsibility. The first name of a girl matters the most.
Picking a Name – Why is it so Important?
Names play a very important role in setting the identity of a person. In each and every religion’s name plays an important role. Every religion is associated with various traditions when selecting a name of their child. The
Parents need to understand that a name if appropriately selected defines the child’s perceptions of a potential attractiveness or intelligence. Research has shown names do influence people and do set certain expectations in life.
[ Read: Popular Girl Names ]
Choosing the Best Short Baby Girl Names
There has to be a systematic approach while selecting a name for a child. These approaches help in possessing an appropriate short name for girls. Selecting an appropriate name is a tiring task indeed, but to make it interesting we have listed out some ways, here they are:
- Short and unique. It saves the child from embarrassing nicknames.
- One of the most significant keys is sound and compatibility. It should not directly rhyme with your last name.
- The name must be easy to pronounce so that it’s easier for people to spell and write. Short names are much easier and simpler than big ones.
- Heritage and culture are an essential and sometimes dominant part in the selection of names. Family traditions should always be kept in mind.
- Names should contain special meanings.
- Most parents search for a popular or celebrity name while selection.
- All these approaches are best in selecting a suitable and short name for a girl child.
[ Read: Baby Girl Names With Meanings ]
Top 50 Short Names For Girls
Here is a list of 50 appropriate short girl names along with their meanings to choose from:
Aagam- Arrival or coming
Ahana- One who exists
Akhila- One who is complete
Akuti – Princess
Ansuya -Learned Woman
Anushka- A Term of Endearment-
Charu – Attractive or Beautiful
Chhavi- Image or Radiance
Chetna – Power of intellect or one who is very alert
Deva- Celestial Spirit
Dhriti-Courage or Morale
Drihsti-Sight or something seen
Eta – Luminous
Eesha- Filled with Purity or Name of Goddess Parvati
Falguni – Gorgeous or Beautiful
Gargi – Learned Woman
Gulika – A Pearl
Giva – A Hill
Hemlata- Golden Creeper
Huma – Bird of Paradise
Ipsita- Desire or Ambition
Inas – Sociability or Capable
Jagati – Bestowed with speed
Jarul – Flower Queen
Jiya – Sweet Heart
Jigna – Intellectual Curiosity
Kavni – A small Poem
Leela – Devine Drama
Lipika – Letters or Alphabets
Mahiya- Joy or Happiness
Maliha- Strong or Beautiful
Manya- Worthy of Honor
Nalini – Sweet Nectar or Lotus
Nishi – Getting Stronger
Niyati – Destiny
Oni – Shelter
Preshti – Ray of Light
Ramola- One who takes interest in everything
Sofia – Wise or Noble
Thumri – Light Classical Melody
Thaman- Slender or Increment
Udvita- River filled with Lotus Flower
Udichi- ne who grows with Prosperity
Yuktha- Bounded with Goddess Lakshmi Charms
[ Read: Baby Girl Names ]
Always remember, a name is a first gift you and your spouse present to your daughter. Choose well and adorn your little princess with a good and meaningful name. Hope our list of short names for girls helps you in your quest.
Do share your views and experiences in the comment section below.
- 100 Latest Baby Girl Names With Meanings
- 101 Sweet & Cute Baby Girl Names With Meanings
- 4 Unique Ways To Choose A Popular Names For Your Baby Girl
- 50 Nice & Beautiful Baby Girl Names With Meanings
- Top 30 Unique Names For Your Baby Girl