Congratulations! It’s a baby boy!
As parents, it is very important for you to select a good name for your little kid. You may want your kid’s name to be unique, unusual and offbeat. Most parents often prefer to choose longer names than short ones, not often realizing that it offers a slew of nickname options. Long and difficult names sometime lead to wrong pronunciations as well.
Parents need to understand the latest trends and the requirement of a short yet meaningful name for their little prince. We present to you a comprehensive article on why it is important to choose a short name for boys followed by a collection of names for your sweet little bundle of joy.
Choosing a Name- Why is it so Important?
The name is considered to be the parent’s first gift to their child. This makes the selection of a suitable name more important. You need to be sure that the name you pick for your little baby boy is what should represent him while he is growing up. The name is believed t
[ Read: Stylish Names For Boys ]
There are some basic features which may help you to select the perfect name for your child. They are as follows:
- Deciding on the fact whether one wants a unique, popular or traditional name for your son.
- Bring your personal history and tradition into consideration before choosing your baby’s name.
- Consider the names which you like or honor for their special meanings or some other qualities.
- You can choose a name inspired by your religious beliefs, epics or various cultural inclinations.
- Select a name which is easy to pronounce and matches well with the surname.
[ Read: Baby Boy Names ]
Collection of Short Baby Names for Boys:
Here is our assortment of fifty names with their meanings for you to choose the best short names for boys:
- Avi– The sun and the air
- Ajay – Unconquerable
- Ansh– Piece of something
- Arav – Peaceful
- Bir– Courage
- Barun– Lord of Sea
- Dhruv –Stable
- Dvij– Born twice
- Eha – Name of Lord Vishnu
- Harshit– Cheerful
- Hem – Gold
- Jaq– Emperor
- Kairav– White lotus
- Kirit– Crown
- Lekh – Document
- Mahit– Honourable
- Manan– To Think
- Niv– Base
- Nalin– Lotus
- Naman – To salute
- Niley – Heaven
- Ohm – Creation
- Ohas– To praise somebody
- Oojam – Enthusiasm
- Palin– Protective
- Palash– Tree or a kind of flower which is green in color
- Pachai – Someone who is youthful or resourceful
- Pathik – One who is a traveler
- Parag– Pollen grains
- Pinak– One who is a bow of god name shiva
- Saabir– Patient
- Sabal – With Strength
- Saahir – Helper or Helpful in Nature
- Sachdev – Genuinely Godly or True God
- Talank– Name of a god Shiva
- Talish– Lord of the Earth
- Tapesh –The holy trinity
- Tanay– Of the family
- Taksha– King of Bharat’s Son
- Tushar– Fine Drops of water
- Turag – A thought
- Udant – Correct Message
- Unmesh – Eternal Happiness or Joy
- Vadin– Known Lecturer
- Vagish– Name of a God Brahma
- Vairaj– Spiritual Glory
- Yash– Victory or Glory
- Zohar – Intelligent or Brilliant
[ Read: Unique Baby Boy Names ]
Always remember that people around you will suggest several naming options, but to choose the right one must be you and your partner’s decision. Choose the best and gift your son his first gift!
Hope you liked our post on the best short names for boys. Do share your comments below.
- 20 Most Popular Names For Your Baby Boys
- 4 Unique Ways To Choose A Unique Name For Your Baby Boy
- 50 Nice & Beautiful Baby Boy Names With Meanings
- 6 Simple Tips To Choose A Unique Indian Name For Your Baby Boy
- 80 Stylish Baby Boy Names With Meanings