Are you worried that your child is shorter than other children his age? Do you feel that your child is not gaining height as per his age? If you are looking for natural ways on how to increase height in children, read on to know more.
Height and weight gain are important parameters to measure a child’s physical growth. Do you want to know some simple tips on how to increase height naturally for kids? Worry not! Go ahead and give this article a read!
How To Help Your Child Increase His Height?
Your child’s height depends on various factors like genes, the level of physical activity, quality of diet, his overall medical condition and so on. No one factor can determine your child’s height, but there are natural ways to increase height in children.
After your child’s first birthday, you may notice his pace of growth has become slow. It will again increase once he reaches adolescence. In fact, you will be pleasantly surprised to notice your child suddenly gain a few inches in
[ Read: Foods To Increase Height In Children ]
Here are a few natural ways on how to increase height in children:
1. Help Him Follow A Regular Sleep Routine:
Your child needs at least ten to twelve hours of sleep each night to grow properly. (1)
- Make it a habit to put your child to bed early, especially if you know that your child takes longer to fall asleep.
- Follow a bedtime routine each night and make sure your child sleeps and wakes up at the same time each day, even if it is a holiday.
2. Add Protein In Your Child’s Diet:
Encourage your child to eat a protein-rich diet to increase his height. (2)
- Make sure you add lots of high protein foods in your child’s diet, such as lean meat and fish.
- If your child is a fussy eater, encourage him to snack on protein-rich foods like nuts and seeds.
[ Read: Protein Rich Foods For Kids ]
3. Encourage Him To Exercise And Play Daily:
Your child should have a regular exercise and play schedule each day to help him gain height. (3)
- It is important for your child to be active and participate in regular play and exercise.
- Encourage your child to participate in physical activities like cycling, walking, running, outdoor sports and so on.
[ Read: Benefits Of Exercise For Kids ]
4. Serve Him A Balanced Diet:
A balanced diet will help your child enjoy good health and proper development. (4)
- Make sure you include all the essential nutrients in your child’s meal plans in the right proportion appropriate for his age.
- Also encourage your child to have fresh fruits and vegetables on a daily basis.
[ Read: Healthy Weight For Children ]
5. Help Him Follow A Healthy Lifestyle:
The lifestyle you lead as a family will have a huge impact on your child’s growth and development.
- Help him enjoy homemade meals rather than binge on junk food.
- Instead of leading a sedentary life, step out for some daily family fun activity.
- Take your child to various activity classes or camps and enjoy some activities like rock climbing, martial arts, swimming, tennis and more together.
- Take up a form of exercise that your child likes and workout with him. It could be going for a walk daily, a quick run each morning before school, a favorite form of dance and anything else that he will enjoy.
Encourage your child to follow the above tips and speak to his doctor about his height gain and growth during your regular visits.
Hope you liked our tips on how to increase child height. How did you help your child gain height? Please share your child’s diet tips and workout secrets with other moms here.
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Vitamin C Consumption In Children
- 4 Amazing Benefits Of Vitamin B For Kids
- 4 Health Benefits Of Vitamin A For Children
- 9 Health Benefits Of Vitamin D For Children
- 8 Best Zinc Rich Foods For Your Kid
- 10 Best Iron Rich Foods For Your Kids