Do you have a fussy eater at hand and are you always worried about your kid’s his health and nutrition? Have you tried introducing new foods but nothing seems to win the favor with your kid? Are you worried that poor eating habits can lower your kid’s immunity and make him prone to illnesses?
If you are concerned about your kid’s immunity, try adding the super foods we recommend to your kid’s meal plans today. Read on to know the top five immune boosting foods for kids.
Top Five Super Foods That Boost Immune System In Children:
If making your kids eat the right foods is a challenge, try out these power packed foods mentioned below that will increase your kid’s immunity and also tantalize his taste buds. Alternatively, you can always sneak them in his favorite dish. Go ahead and check out best immune booster for kids:
Garlic is a must-have for your kid to boost his immunity and protect him from the threat of cardiovascular complications and cancer.
- Garlic has antiviral as well as anti-bacterial properties. It will help prevent infections by stimulating your kid’s immune cells and by increasing the production of antibodies.
- The sulfur compounds in garlic help fight oxidative stress and unwanted inflammation.
How To: To keep the immune boosting properties of garlic intact, add it in the raw form to salads and dips. If you have to cook it at all, try adding it to the dish at the end of the cooking process to prevent destroying its immunity-enhancing properties.
2. Probiotic Yogurt:
The probiotic yogurt contains the friendly bacteria acidophilus and bifidus that help to boost immunity in your kids. 
- The friendly bacteria will boost your kid’s digestion and bowel movement.
- The healthy bacteria will help keep stomach ailments at bay.
How To: If your kid likes tangy yogurt serve it to him plain. You can also use yogurt to prepare a glass of smoothie for your kid, or serve it as a dip with an assortment of fresh fruits. You could also make a delicious yogurt treat by adding some roasted almonds and chocolate sauce on top.
Berries like strawberries , blueberries , and raspberries , are a great source of vitamins and minerals that will enhance your kid’s immunity.
- The different colors of berries indicate the high amount of anthocyanin they contain. Anthocyanin is a very powerful antioxidant that will protect your kid against common illnesses.
- Berries are also a rich source of Vitamin C that will greatly improve your kid’s immunity and reduces his chances of catching infections easily.
- Did you know that acai berries contain antioxidants 42 times more than blueberries?
How To: Let your kid snack on a bowl full of berries. Add berries in smoothies, fruit salads or regular salads as well as to oats or porridges for breakfast.
Broccoli is a storehouse of vitamin C, vitamin K, chromium, and folate that will help to boost your kid’s immunity naturally. 
- Making broccoli a regular part of your kid’s diet will ensure he remains safe from common cold and cough.
- It is a very good source of dietary fiber, vitamin E, manganese, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin B1, vitamin A, potassium, zinc, calcium, iron, niacin, and selenium and copper.
How To: Give your kid baked broccoli florets or add the crunchy veggie to his pasta.
Tomatoes contain lycopene, which acts as a powerful immunity booster for your kid. 
- The antioxidants present in red tomatoes will also help to protect your kids against the harmful effects of free radicals. It supports cardiovascular health and prevents obesity, cancer and neurological ailments like Alzheimer’s disease.
- Vitamin C and beta-carotene in tomatoes will keep your kid protected against infections.
How To: Add a dash of tomatoes to your kid’s salads, soups, and dips or let him just munch on this healthy vegetable.
Try adding these immunity-boosting foods in your kid’s diet today to ward off infections and keep him healthy.
Do you want to add more foods that boost immune system in children to the above list? Which immune booster for kids did you prefer? Share your suggestions in the comments section below.
- 4 Amazing Benefits Of Vitamin B For Kids
- 4 Health Benefits Of Vitamin A For Children
- 9 Health Benefits Of Vitamin D For Children
- 8 Best Zinc Rich Foods For Your Kid
- 10 Best Calcium Rich Foods For Your Kids