Is your child always falling sick despite you taking proper care and ensuring he eats well? Are you worried that frequent sickness will damage your child’s health? Do you want to find out about natural ways that will help to boost your child’s immunity and make him stronger to ward off all infections and diseases?
If you are looking at answers to the above, read on to know how you can strengthen your child’s immunity safely.
Safe And Natural Ways On How To Boost Kids Immune System:
While you try to increase your child’s immunity, it is important to go for natural ways that will strengthen the immunity and not cause any side effects. Here are some simple tips and tricks to ensure your child has better immunity and can ward off those growing up diseases and infections better:
1. Breastfeeding Is Important:
One of the first paths to making sure that your child’s immune system is strong and on track is by ensuring you follow the basic breastfeeding guidelines.
- Breastfeed your baby for the first six months after birth, don’t resort to formula. It will help your baby get the required nutrients that will help boost his immune system and make him healthy and strong.
- The antibodies and white blood cells found in breast milk act as one of the natural immune boosters for kids in the initial months. One of the highest sources of antibodies that are super rich in their disease-fighting properties is colostrum. It is the first milk that flows from your nipples. Colostrum is yellowish in color and may be a little thinner than the breastmilk that will flow later.
- According to the American Academy of Pediatricians, you should breastfeed your baby for at least a year, and two years if possible.
[ Read: Foods To Boost Immunity In Kids ]
2. Include Fresh Fruits And Vegetables In Daily Diet:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables contain various phytonutrients like carotenoids and vitamin C that will help strengthen your child’s immunity.
- Fruits and vegetables like carrots, beets, strawberries, green beans and oranges will help increase white blood cells. They all help prevent infection.
- Eating such foods will also help increase the production of an antibody interferon. It helps coat the surfaces of cells and keep viruses at bay. Interferon will protect your child from various serious health risks like heart diseases and cancer in later years.
- Let your child eat four to five servings of fresh fruits and vegetables each day.
[ Read: Healthy Fruit Snacks For Kids ]
3. A Good Night Of Sleep:
Not getting enough sleep can make your child susceptible to various infections and diseases.
- When your child does not get enough sleep, the various immune-boosting cells of the body aren’t able to function properly. It means that the cells cannot kill those microbes and cancer cells that cause infection and diseases.
- Your child should have at least ten hours of uninterrupted sleep a day.
- Make sure your child’s room is comfortable enough to encourage good sleeping habits. Keep the bed clutter free and the linens clean and fresh. Remove anything from your child’s room that can be distracting, like television, computer, music and such.
[ Read: Common Sleeping Problems In Children ]
4. Introduce Hygiene At An Early Age:
To keep your child healthy and his immunity strong, it is important to encourage good hygiene habits from an early age.
- While it will not boost your child’s immunity, it will surely prevent the germs and further infection from spreading.
- Teach your child to wash his hands whenever he comes home from the outdoors. He should also wash his hands before and after every meal. Some more instances when your child should wash his hands are when he handles a pet; he’s been in the garden, has a cold or meets someone who has a cold.
- Make sure to carry a handkerchief or child-friendly wipes that will help your child to sneeze in or clean his hands, as a means to avoid further spread of infection.
- Change your child’s toothbrush, especially in case of infections of the throat. The virus and germs can spread from toothbrush to a toothbrush, so it is a good idea to change the toothbrush of the affected person.
[ Read: Fun Outdoor Activities For Kids ]
5. Get Your Child Out In Fresh Air:
Try and get your child out in the open air as much as possible.
- Once outdoors, encourage your child to participate in different physical activities as well as exercises. You can also take part in family exercises, where all family members can together perform certain exercises.
- Regular exercise will increase the cells in your child’s body that handle germ-fighting and prevent the onset of infection.
- Be your child’s role model and take part in running, jogging, and swimming, cycling, and hiking. Once your child sees your dedication towards your exercise, he will be interested to try the same with you.
[ Read: Common Childhood Diseases And Vaccines ]
6. Keep Your Home Healthy:
It is important for you first to create a healthy environment at home.
- Eliminate the risk of second-hand smoke and its effects on your child. If you or your partner or any other family member is a smoker, make sure you do it outside the house.
- Cigarette smoke can kill various cells in the body that are important for immunity boosting and preventing various infections and diseases.
7. Avoid Medicines And Antibiotics:
As a parent, you may want to rush your child to the doctor the moment there is a slight case of coughing or the first hint of a fever.
- While it is natural to worry, exposing your child to antibiotics and medicines at the slightest instance can kill the body’s natural ability to fight back against germs.
- Too much antibiotics will actually harm your child’s immune system and make it resistant to medication.
- Make sure you check with your child’s doctor and get the medicines or antibiotics only when necessary.
- It is important to ensure your child’s immunity is healthy and strong, and a few lifestyle changes can achieve just that. Follow the tips shared above and see the difference.
If you have any more tips to help you know how to boost kids immune system, do share them with us here.
- 10 Simple Ways To Improve Your Child’s Memory
- 5 Useful Tips To Improve Concentration In Kids
- 10 Fun Activities To Develop Effective Listening Skills In Children