Got a fussy kid at home? Does your kid love grabbing a pack of instant noodles or potato chips to satisfy his hunger pangs? Check out these surprisingly simple recipes we’ve put together that’ll keep your kid from indulging in unhealthy snacks, and at the same time, love you for making these yummy treats. Our pallet of food recipes for you:
Here Are Our Top 20 Bread Recipes For Kids :
1. Paneer Bread Rolls:
Think of bread roll recipe for kids, paneer (cottage cheese) bread rolls are the best way to get much needed protein- if you use whole wheat bread for this recipe, it’s even better! bread rolls recipe for kids
- Combine some finely knead paneer with boiled potatoes and soaked bread pieces so that it forms nice dough.
- Season with coriander leaves chili powder and salt and make them into small rolls.
- Now deep fry them until golden brown and serve with tomato ketchup.
2. Sweet French Toast:
Okay, here’s a sweet and simple recipe that your kid will absolutely love.
- Dip slices of leftover bread in a mixture of milk, an egg, powdered sugar, cinnamon powder and some saffron (optional) and let it soak.
- Now heat some butter in a pan and fry the bread on both sides till golden brown.
[ Read: Egg Recipes For Kids ]
3. Savory French Toast:
What is food without a little bit of twist? Your kid will gobble down this easy to make savory French toast in minutes, and will ask for more.
- Mix together half a cup of fresh yogurt with half a cup of rawa, some chopped onions, coriander leaves, red chili powder, salt and turmeric powder, and spread this concoction over bread.
- Fry it on both sides using butter till golden brown.
- Serve with ketchup or mayonnaise dip.
4. Corn Capsicum Sandwiches:
These sandwiches are ready in minutes and will work best for occasions when you’re in a hurry to get your kid’s lunch box ready, or even when you have some unexpected guests arriving.
- Just place some chopped capsicum, boiled sweet corn and grated cheese between two bread slices.
- Sprinkle some salt and paprika powder and toast.
5. Bread Upma:
This one is a twisted, yet healthier version of the usual upma (famous South Indian breakfast).
- Cut 6-8 slices of bread into squares and in a frying pan., Heat some butter, and fry these bread pieces
- Add some boiled potatoes, chopped green chilies, chopped onions, tomatoes, asafetida, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, red chili powder and lemon juice.
- Serve it hot.
6. Cheese Chili Toast:
This cheesy, spicy toast is another favorite among kids.
- In a small bowl, mix together a cup of grated cheese and some chopped green chilies (de-seeded).
- You can also add some chopped veggies like onions and carrots to make it healthier.
- Now spread this mixture on bread slices and bake them for a minute or two till it gets toasty.
7. Baked Bread Rolls:
These bread rolls are one of the best bread snacks for kids. These rolls pack in the nutrients of some great veggies, stimulating your kid’s taste buds, thereby keeping him away from indulging on packaged foods.
- Boil some diced carrots, capsicum, potatoes, peas and onions in a pressure cooker and mash them together.
- Now fry them with some butter, red chili powder, garam masala powder, chopped coriander leaves, fennel powder and turmeric powder.
- Once cool, spread this mixture on a slice of bread, fold it in half, seal it on the sides using the pressure of fingertips, and bake for a couple of minutes or until brown.
8. Bread Dahi Chaat:
Skip the trips to the chaat-wala next door by whipping up a quick bread dahi chaat for your little one at home.
- Just soak some slices of bread in milk until they turn soft.
- Squeeze out the water, roll them into small balls.
- Garnish with green chutney, sweet date chutney, sev, raw onions, coriander leaves and curd.
- Top it with chaat masala.
[ Read: Effects Of Junk Food On Children ]
9. Chinese-Style Frankie:
This recipe uses flatbread, and is packed with veggies in a spicy, Chinese-style sauce that’s just perfect for your kid’s lunch box.
- Make the Schewan sauce by mixing together roughly chopped ginger, garlic and green chilies with some red chili powder, soy sauce, vinegar and salt. Add it to a couple of tablespoons of heated oil.
- Simply mix together julienned vegetables like carrots, cabbage, onions, capsicum and some sweet corn with the spicy Schezwan sauce.
- Spread it over a flatbread, roll it up, and microwave for a couple of minutes.