During summers, kids are irritable and don’t want to eat much. Is that a regular- scenario with your darling? Don’t worry we have some lip smacking recipes for you to prepare!
Children sweat a lot and lose energy easily. So it is necessary to prepare some dishes which are attractive for them, yet have the required dose of nutrition.
Top 10 Easy Summer Recipes For Kids:
Here are some great summer cooking recipes for kids that you will want to try.
Summer time means a variety of fruits, which are nutritious and also restore the water content in the body. An easy way to make your kids have fruits is by making some cool fruit based deserts:
1. Strawberry and Kiwi Cubes:
Wash and peel the fruits and extract the pulp
- Mix a pinch of sugar, fresh cream and cinnamon powder and blend along with the fruit pulp.
- Put the mixture in a tray and top it up with small kiwi pieces.
- Put the tray in the freezer and remove it when the mixture is semi frozen.
- Cut into cubes and serve cold.
This will be a colourful mix and your kids will enjoy the jelly look of the cubes. You can also use a regular ice tray for freezing the mixture to get readymade cubes. This is undoubtedly one of the best summer food recipes for kids.
2. Watermelon and Orange Pop:
Remove the seeds from both the fruits
- Put the watermelon pieces in a mixer and make a smooth juice.
- Make another juice with a part of the oranges.
- Add a teaspoon of ginger ale and a tablespoon of honey and blend in with the juices.
- Cut the remaining orange wedges in small pieces and add to the mixture.
- Pour into popsicle cones, cover with foil and put in a stick. Keep the cones in freezer and take out when completely frozen.
Let your kids lick the juicy pops and get a healthy boost.
[ Read: Nutritious Food For Kids ]
3. Mango And Nuts Smoothie:
Mangoes are relished by all kids, so they will love this one. Choose a variety of mango with lots of pulp.
- Extract the mango pulp, leaving a few mangoes intact.
- Boil some milk and let it cool.
- Add the mango pulp and rice flour to the milk and mix.
- Cut the remaining mango into small pieces and sprinkle on the mixture.
- Add pieces of almonds, cashew and walnuts.
- Top up with fresh cream and serve chilled.
While the crunchy nuts and yummy mango make this recipe perfect for kids, rice flour and milk add to the nutrition factor.
[ Read: Bread Recipes For Kids ]
4. Banana And Berries With Yoghurt:
Take bananas, blueberries, raspberries and any other berries that you like. Chop them and mix in a bowl.
- Add the fruits and yoghurt and mix in a blender. You can keep the fruits chunky or make the mixture smooth.
- Freeze the mixture in small paper cups after putting popsicle sticks
Remove when frozen and serve chilled.
Vegetables are the eyesore for most kids. Here’s how to make them interesting:
5. Veggie Cheese Delight:
Take carrots, broccoli and bottle gourd. Cut them into small pieces and blanch for a few minutes.
- Make a sauce with butter, milk, cornflour and salt.
- Put the vegetables in a bowl and pour the sauce evenly.
- Add cardamom and cinnamon powder for flavouring.
- Put the mixture in a baking tray. Grate some cheese and sprinkle on top. You can also use cheese slices.
- Pre heat the oven at 300 degrees and bake the vegetables.
The cheese melts to mix smoothly with the vegetables. Kids won’t even notice that they are having all those veggies.
[ Read: Egg Recipes For Kids ]
6. Cucumber Boats:
Take a few cucumbers and scoop them from one side
- Make a filling with boiled potatoes (mashed), tomatoes and corn
- Fill in the cucumber and decorate the sides with a mix of cream and honey
- Fry ladies fingers and spice them with mango powder, salt and cumin powder
- Use a toothpick to stick the ladies fingers on the sides of your cucumber boat to make oars
It’s a fun filled way of having your kids eat the vegetables.
[ Read: Iron Rich Food For Kids ]
Try out these summer recipes for kids and share with us if you have any interesting ideas. Make sure you involve your kids in the kitchen, as it will make the process even more fun!
Do share your fun moments with us in the comment section below.
- Top 15 Healthy Recipes For Kids Meals
- 4 Yummy & Easy Pasta Recipes For Your Kids
- Top 20 Bread Recipes For Kids That You Can Try Today
- 5 Easy & Yummy Cookie Recipes For Your Kid