Father’s Day is one of the biggest celebrations around the world. The third Sunday in June is Father’s Day. With so much marketing and events centered on the event, it is natural you too would want to do something special for your father on the day.
A great way to make your father feel special is giving him a handmade card. Alternatively, you can also get a store bought card for him and personalize it at home. To make it special and personal, you can write a poem or song on the card. You can also add a special wish or even something cute. The options are exhaustive. Read on to go through some of our selections and take your pick.
Father’s Day History:
The present day celebrations of Father’s Day have their origin in the United States of America. Ms. Sonora of Washington made Father’s Day a worldwide celebration. In 1909 at age 27, she heard a sermon on Mother’s Day. She felt that there should be a day to honor the breadwinners and the protectors of families, the fathers.
Top 25 Father’s Day Messages, Poems, SMS:
So, celebrate this father’s day by honoring your daddy in special ways. To help you out, here is our collection of 25 Fathers day wishes, messages, SMS and sayings that will make your dad feel like the world’s best father on Father’s Day:
- Delightful And Loving,
Loved And Admired,
Dad, You’re My Hero,
My Life You’ve Inspired.
And When All My Blessings
Are Counted Each Day,
I Thank God In Heaven
For Dad When I Pray.
Dad Thanks For Your Presence
Throughout Thick And Thin;
You’re More Than A Parent,
You’re My Wonderful Friend.
Happy Father Day
[ Read: Father’s Day – History, Date, Poems & Songs ]
- Fathers need not fathers be.
All one needs to do is choose
To love for life, and that embrace,
Held long and hard, bestows the grace
Each craves. For all in time must lose,
Restored alone by memory.
So now it is with you and me.
- Having You For A Dad
Was the best beginning I could’ve had…
Ever since that you’ve made sure it gets only better!
You mean the world to me!
Happy Father’s Day
- I talk and talk and talk,
And I haven’t taught people in 50 years
What my father taught by example in one week. Thank you dad.
- Little girl & her father crossing a bridge.
Father Said: Please hold my hand
Girl: No dad.. You hold my hand.
Father: Whats the difference?
Girl: If I hold your hand & something happens to me.
Chances are that I may let your hand go,
But if you hold my hand,
I know for sure,
You will never let my hand go..!
- Happy, Happy Happy Father’s Day!
No one has a father so sweet
Your kind ways just can’t be beat
Happy Happy Happy Father’s Day
I love you in a big big way!
- My father is a man who has smiles that brighten each of my days. My father is a man who made me feel so good with his warm words of praise. And what is more is that he knows just what to do to make my wishes come true. My father is someone who always has the best stories to tell me. And just as importantly, he is a good listener as well. My father is patient; my father is kind and the best. He is also the best friend I could ever hope to find. And I am proud to say it out loud that father, I love you.
- Over the years, as we grow old, we remember our father, so brave and bold. In the garden, leaning on the plow, he would listen to me, I see him now. He would give advice, and understand, he was always there, to lend a hand. God made fathers, strong and firm, for he knew our lives, would have great concerns. So he gave us fathers, to teach us to pray, and guide our lives, and show us the way. So on his day, let’s take the time, to say ‘Thanks Dad, I’m glad you’re mine.’
[ Read: Inspirational Quotes For Fathers Day ]