Are you looking for ways to get your kids to use their creativity and imagination? Well, the answer is crafts. Organize craft projects at home to encourage your kids to learn new skills and be creative. You will end up having oodles of fun and your kids will love making new things that you can use at home. Nothing would make them proud!
Top 10 Ideas For Felt Crafts For Kids:
There are plenty felt craft ideas for kids and here is a list of the top 10 crafts that you and your kids will absolutely love:
1. Cute Pin-Cushion:
This is a simple felt craft for kids that you can try out.
- Take two pieces of felt in different colors and one in white.
- Take the first felt piece that you want as the primary one and cut out 2 round shape and one strip.
- Stitch the strip ends together.
- Take a round piece and stitch it to the bottom using the simple whip-stitch.
- Stuff the finished product with batting and stitch up the top round piece.
- Now, take the second felt piece and cut it into
2. Beautiful Felt Butterflies:
The only thing you will need to do is to cut out the felt for your kid into the required shapes.
- Get felt in different colors to make every butterfly look unique.
- After you have made cutouts for the wings and other parts, give your little ones glue to create their adorable butterflies.
3. Colorful Felt Flowers:
This is another fantastic craft idea for your kids as it is easy and quick. You will need to cut out the flower shapes for your kids if they are still too young to handle scissors.
- Let them stick the flowers and leaves to another piece of felt so that you can frame the artwork.
- They can also stick them on walls if they like.
[ Read: Tin Can Crafts ]
4. Adorable Owl:
You and your kids can make an artwork of a felt owl in a cute retro style. You will need sheets of felt in yellow, pink, green and brown colors. You will also need small scraps of the material in black and white, canvas, felt glue and embroidery thread and needle.
- Cut the felt into required shapes with the help of a template and assemble them to create an owl.
- Attach the beak and eyes with the glue.
- Take a solid felt piece and glue it onto the canvas and attach your owl.
- You can use this to decorate a wall or use it on a throw pillow.
5. Felt Alphabets:
This is a fun way to decorate your kid’s room wall. You need two sheets of felt in your child’s favorite colors.
- Cut the felt to create alphabets to spell his or her name.
- Get a few lengths of ribbons so that the alphabets can be hung.
- Embellish the alphabets with buttons, bows, sequins, etc. to make them pop even more!
6. Felt Landscape Artwork:
Start a craft project to make a landscape artwork that can be framed to decorate your kids’ room. Get felt pieces in different colors like green, brown, blue, white, red, pink and yellow.
- Use a large piece in light blue for the base.
- Now start cutting up shapes for different parts of the scenery like the house, trees, flowers, mountains, river (optional), the sun and other details that you would like to include in your artwork.
- Stick on all the elements of the landscape using felt glue.