Are you planning to host a birthday party for your child? Do you want to try out some new games that will be fun for your child and other children will enjoy too? Are you interested in hosting the games yourself and want to get as many children involved as possible?
If you want to try out some new and fun party games for kids, try out the ideas we share below.
Top 15 Party Games For Children:
Here are 15 games for kids party that will be perfect choice for birthday party or any other event for your children:
1. Build Them High:
- Anything that your child can use to build a tower – cushions, empty boxes, building blocks.
- Hand out the same number of things (whatever you choose to play with) to each player.
- Set a timer and ask them to build a stack tower in those given minutes.
- Whoever makes the highest stack first in the given time is the winner.
2. Hunt For The Treasure:
- Magazine cut-outs of objects or directions that you may want to use
- Small objects you can hide
- Create clues using the cut-outs.
- Pin them around the house or around the places through which you can direct the children to reach the clues.
- Hide the objects around the house in such a way that is age appropriate and that children can find.
- Depending on the age of the children, you can set a time or let them search as and how they can.
- The child who finds the maximum objects is the winner. You could also divide them into groups to make it easier.
[ Read: Fun Outdoor Activities For Kids ]
3. Passing The Parcel:
- Small goodies that are wrapped in wrapping paper in a single parcel
- Fun activities as per age written out on chits of paper
- Make the children sit down in a circle.
- Hand the parcel to one child and start the music. The children have to pass the parcel from one to the other till the music stops.
- When the music stops, whoever is holding the parcel has to open a chit and do whatever is written on it. The child will then be out of the game.
- As the game progresses, the circle will keep getting smaller till there is one clear winner in the end.
4. Donuts On The String:
- String that is long enough to be strung from one corner of the room to the other.
- String the donuts on the string and place them high off the ground. Make sure the height is such that children can reach the donuts with their mouth by jumping.
- Divide the children into two groups or as individual players.
- On your signal, the children have to rush to the donuts, jump and eat as much or as many as they can without touching the donuts.
- The winner is the one who eats the most donuts in the given time.
5. Burst The Balloon Treasure:
- Large balloons – one for each player or each group
- Small goodies that can be placed inside the balloons
- Fill in the balloons with the small goodies and keep aside.
- On your signal, the children have to try and burst the balloons without touching them. They can sit on the balloons, jump on them and try other ways to burst them.
- The children or team that bursts the balloon first gets the treasures.
[ Read: Communication Games For Kids ]
6. Clay Time:
- Air drying clay
- Let the children sit down and create different shapes using air drying clay.
- Once the creations are dry, let them paint the clay and take it home.
7. Dance With The Props:
- Brown paper bag for each group
- Props that you can fit inside the bag
- Divide the children into groups and hand each group a bag. Make sure there are different sets of props in each bag.
- Give each team a time of 15 minutes or so, or whatever is good as per their age to brainstorm.
- Once the time is over, each team has to perform a dance using the props in the bag.
8. Indoor Bowling:
- Old plastic water bottles
- Duct tape
- Fill up the bottles with a little water and place them at the end of your living room.
- Use duct tape to form a line behind which the players will stand and throw the ball.
- You can divide the children into two groups or let each individual player play on their own.
- The players have to stand behind the line and throw at the balls. Whoever throws down the most bottles is the winner.