Stretch marks occur when your body grows much faster than your skin anticipates. These marks are often associated with matured adults or pregnancy. But unlike what most people think, stretch marks don’t just occur to adults. It is quite common in teens too.
Don’t be surprised if your teenager comes up to you with stretch marks. These marks are quite natural and there is nothing to be worried about. Teenagers’ growth rate is quite rapid. When the skin grows beyond its capacity, you see stretch marks.
Nobody likes stretch marks on the body. With little care and prompt treatment, you can help your teenager resolve stretch mark issues very easily.
How Do Stretch Marks Occur?
When your body grows faster, your skin happens to stretch expansively. If this stretching happens within a short period of time, it results into stretch marks.
This fast stretching actually causes your dermis, which is the middle layer of your skin, to sever in certain areas. As a result of this, your d
[ Read: Teenage Nutrition ]
Treatment For Stretch Marks In Teenagers:
Stretch marks problem, which may seem simple to you, might look like a rock of problems to your teenager. The trick to dealing with stretch marks in teenagers is to treat it promptly. Here are the 5 effective ways you can treat stretch marks in your teenager.
1. Exercise Regularly:
Regular stretching and exercising is one of the best ways of treating stretch marks in your teenager.
- It prevents gaining weight and fat and hence controls stretch marks from developing further.
- When your teenager engages in regular exercising, it helps tone his body and treats stretch marks automatically.
[ Read: Exercises For Teenagers ]
2. Hydrate Properly:
The more water your teenager drinks, the more his skin will remain hydrated.
- A well-hydrated skin makes stretch marks more supple and soft and it can fix stretch marks in much more easier way.
- Your teenager must drink 8-12 glasses of water every day to keep his skin well-hydrated.
3. Healthy Food Choices:
When your teenager eats healthy foods which are high in Vitamin A and C, he stands a better chance of treating stretch marks.
- Foods rich in Vitamin A and C help make more collagen and elastin in body.
- These are extremely important for healing stretch marks. So try and include more oranges, grapefruits, milk, peaches and other fruits and vegetables that produce collagen and elastin in the body.
[ Read: Diet Chart For Teenage Girl ]
4. Over-The-Counter Creams:
If you find stretch marks in your teenager are taking long to heal, you may also use certain Over-The-Counter stretch marks cream available in the market.
- These have collagen and elastin and help tighten the skin a lot.
- Most of these are dermatologically tested and are safe to use.
- You must consult your family physician before buying or using any of these creams.
5. Vitamin E-Rich Massage Oil:
Regular massaging the area, with good Vitamin E-rich body oil, will help your teenager get rid of stretch marks.
- You must act patiently when trying this method though.
- Gently massage the affected area everyday with the oil and slowly you will see results.
- You can also use a good moisturizer. It basically makes your skin more elastic so when the skin grows, it controls stretch marks lot better and prevents it too.
- Teenagers feel embarrassed when they see stretch marks on their bodies.
- It affects their self-confidence too. This holds true especially in today’s time when every teen desires to be perfect in appearance. So you must sit with your teenager and explain how this is a part of growing up.
- If their stretch marks take time to heal, there is absolutely nothing to feel bad about.
- Stretch marks are quite common in both teens and adults. Tell your teenager about how adults too get stretch marks and how they go away with time.
It is important for your teenager to understand that stretch marks cannot and should not affect their personality and self-confidence.
Tell us how did you treat stretch marks in your teenager? Do you have more effective tips to treat teenager stretch marks? Write to us by leaving your comments below.
- Top 10 Causes Of Stress In Teens
- 5 Healthy Diet Tips And A Diet Plan For Your Teenage Boy
- 8 Effective Remedies To Prevent And Treat Hair Loss In Teenage Girls
- 10 Healthy Diet Tips And A Plan For Your Teenage Girl