We live in the times of instant and packaged foods. A time where bakery food is new homemade food. While junk food tastes yummy and is quick to get, it shows serious negative effect on your child’s health. Often, the kid develops obesity. Obesity, in turn, leads to multiple health complications.
Self image is one of the biggest challenges that teens face today. In order to fit into a certain image, your young son or daughter might resolve to unhealthy options to lose weight or flaunt a desirable body type. There is no harm in wanting to lose weight. But it should be done in a healthy way!
If your teen lets fitness takes a backseat, it is just about time you did something. As a parent, it is your duty to introduce a good fitness regimen into your teen’s life.
Here are some easy-to-do exercises for teenagers to lose weight.
1. Warm ups:
Warm up exercises increase the heart rate and prepares one for exercises. Few good warm ups to lose wei
- Jumping jacks
[ Read: Exercises For Teenagers ]
Swimming is one of the most effective weight loss exercises for teens and enjoyable too. It also happens to be a great over-all weight loss exercise for teens. Here is how:
- It increases heart rate and metabolism rate.
- It works like an overall cardio exercise.
- It is an exercise that helps burn excess fat in all areas as it engages the full body.
- It is a great activity to promote flexibility.
Dancing is a form of art which also works like an exercise. Here is why:
- It is a great exercise for the entire body.
- It is an awesome stress buster.
- Dancing is a healthy way of expressing one’s emotions.
- Salsa, Bharatnatyam, Zumba, Odissi, Ballet and Hip-Hop are just some of the many options of dance forms to lose weight.
[ Read: Causes Of Stretch Marks In Teenagers ]
Any and every kind of sport is good for health. It also teaches your teen about important lessons of life while helping him or her shed a few kilos. Some of the best sports for losing weight include:
- Table tennis
[ Read: Group Activities For Teenagers ]
5. Walking Or Running:
Walking and running are best to maintain an overall good health and body weight. This is considered a good exercise for teenagers to lose weight
- Walking or running make for good stress busting options.
- These activities cause sweating, which are essential for releasing harmful toxins from your teen’s body.
- Early mornings are the best time for your teen to go for a run or walk.
What To Avoid When Your Teen Is Trying To Lose Weight:
If your teen is trying to lose weight, ensure he or she doesn’t indulge in any of these:
1. Crash Diets:
Crash diets usually mean a sudden, extreme reduction of weight using diet. These deprive your teen’s body of essential nutrients and energy required for daily activities.
[ Read: Nutritional Needs Of Adolescence ]
2. Diet Pills Or Laxatives:
Diet pills and laxatives are usually an easy way of losing weight, but they are unhealthy forms of weight loss. Remember, a pill doesn’t do what physical exercise does. They may show results instantaneously, but at a cost.
3. Fad Diets:
Fad diets have become a trend these as they promise speedy weight loss. While such diets give quick results, it is an unhealthy form of weight loss.
Hope you liked these easy weight loss exercises for teenagers. We sincerely hope these tips help your teen lose weight. Please leave your comments below to let us know how the article has helped you.
- 7 Incredible Benefits Of Regular Exercises For Your Teens
- 6 Benefits Of Positive Parenting For Teenagers
- A Healthy Food Guide Pyramid For Kids And Teens