Are you a new mom and you just got back home with your newest family member? Or are you about to have your baby but want to try out some easy and healthy recipes before her birth? If these are questions that you keep dwelling on, dwell no more. Read our post and learn about some good meals for new moms.
As a new mom you will be hard pressed for time. It will be difficult for you to make meals while caring for a newborn. However, it is also important that you take care of what you eat and that you eat on time. Check out our easy meal recommendations to ensure you eat at home.
Best Meals For New Moms:
Here is our selection of a few meal ideas for new moms that will make it easy for you to cook meals once your baby arrives. The best part about these recipes is that you can easily store them in the fridge for a day or two.
1. Eggplant Parmesan:
You Will Need:
- 2 cans of whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to ta
- 2 large globe eggplants cut in thick slices
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 lightly beaten eggs
- 1 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- ½ pound whole Mozzarella cut in big chunks
- Puree the tomatoes. Put the puree in a pan and add some olive oil. Let it boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook for about 30 minutes or till it turns thick. Add salt and pepper.
- Toss the eggplant in a colander and add 1 ½ tsp. salt. Set aside for 30 minutes. Press the slices between layers of paper towels till they are dry. Cover the eggplant in flour and soak off the excess. Dip these in the egg and sprinkle the breadcrumbs lightly over the top.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. On a baking sheet, place a wire rack and keep aside. Add vegetable oil in a skillet and heat. Fry the eggplant until it turns golden. Make sure you do it for all sides. Once done, drain and remove.
- Spread the tomato sauce in a baking dish. Add the eggplants on top and sprinkle the Parmesan. Layer again. Add mozzarella on the top. Bake it for about 45 minutes till the cheese turns light brown.
[ Read: Healthy Food Options For New Moms ]
2. Chicken With Basil And Goat Cheese:
You Will Need:
- 3 boneless chicken breasts with the skin
- 4 to 5 oz. garlic and herb goat cheese cut into thick slices
- 3 large fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 degree.
- On a sheet pan, place the chicken breasts. Loosen the skin with your fingers but leave some skin attached on one edge. Take the goat cheese slices and place one or two of these under the skin of the chicken breasts. Also add the basil leaves along with the cheese slices.
- Pull the skin over the meat as much as you can so that the chicken will not become too dry.
- Rub olive oil on the chicken breasts and add salt and pepper as per taste. Bake the chicken breasts for about 40 minutes or till they turn brown and the meat is cooked.