Undoubtedly, pregnancy is the most crucial stage of your life, and probably for your baby too. You would definitely want to ensure that you have a healthy pregnancy and childbirth, and welcome your baby filled with happiness and joy.
Well, safety first it is! It’s best to prepare a to-do checklist for the months of your pregnancy period, and make sure you don’t miss out on any important to-do’s and don’t’s.
The Pregnancy Phase:
There are many precautions to be considered during pregnancy. At the time of pregnancy, one needs to be more careful than the other time when you did not.
- For a fetus to become a healthy child, there are many of the factors that affect its development. During pregnancy, one must be sure about the things on what to do and what not do in order to ensure a good health for yourself and your baby as well.
- Never ever skip your meal of the day. During pregnancy one needs to eat more than what they eat in normal conditions. You are supposed to eat the fo
- During pregnancy you need to stay healthy as it affects the growth and the development of the child. You should eat a good, nutritious and a healthy diet. You should focus on what to avoid during pregnancy like your food habits, your drinking habits, medications etc. Avoid the food that is harmful to the baby.
- During pregnancy you will observe the hormonal changes and these changes, which may sometimes also turn out to be imbalances, may be due to lack of important nutrients in the body such as vitamins, carbohydrates and proteins.
Exercise during Pregnancy:
- During pregnancy exercise is very important for the overall health.
- Dancing is good as long as you do not do lots of jumping or spinning.
- Bicycling is not good for newbies, if you are experienced you can continue until second trimester.
- Water slides and other rides at amusement parks, since sudden stop and start or forceful landing.
- Avoid games like basketball, hockey, soccer, etc. The reason is that there is a high risk of injury.
- Yoga is safe for you and your baby as long as it is moderate. Avoid excessive yoga asanas.
- Avoid horseback riding there is risk of falling down.
- If you love to play tennis and have played before, stop once you come to know that you are pregnant.
- Indulge in safe pregnancy activities.
Few Things to Avoid During Pregnancy:
It’s best to stay safe, and here we’ve put down a list of things you should steer clear off during your pregnancy period.
- Pregnancy changes your immune system, you and your unborn are more exposed to the viruses, parasites and bacteria that are caused due to unhealthy food you consume. Some bugs like Toxoplasma and Listeria can infect your baby and can cause health problems. Avoid these foods.
- Soft cheese- it may contain Listeria or Coli.
- Raw cookie dough or cake batter- this contains Salmonella.
- Certain kinds of fish such as swordfish, tilefish, shark these contains high levels of mercury.
- Undercooked or raw fish- this contains parasites or bacteria.
- Uncooked milk- it contains bacteria such as Listeria or Salmonella. Avoid dairy products during pregnancy if you can. If cannot avoid totally, at least make sure you consume pasteurized dairy product.
- Salads made in stores may contain Listeria.
- Undercooked or raw sprouts may contain Salmonella.
- Unwashed fruits and vegetables, and under-cooked or uncooked meat, pork contain parasites.
- Raw eggs contain Salmonella bacteria.
- Raw meat and poultry should be avoided during pregnancy. Well cooked meat needs to be consumed.
- Avoid animal liver as it has a high level of vitamin A. Consuming too much of it may cause miscarriage or birth defects.
- The supplements that contain vitamin A or any food which is rich in vitamin A, consumption in large quantities can cause birth defects.