Does low energy make you feel like having sugary foods or yearn for that extra cup of steaming coffee when you are pregnant? Do you feel tired all the time during your pregnancy? Remember to choose vitamin-rich foods and nutrients for lasting energy. Read this post to find out about some high-energy foods.
Eating the right kind of food can certainly go a long way towards making you feel energetic when you are pregnant.
Here, we will look at how consuming certain high-energy foods for pregnancy help you overcome exhaustion and enjoy this blessed time.
Oats can provide you much-needed proteins, vitamins, and fiber during your pregnancy. The fiber in oats will make you feel full without causing bloating or excess weight gain. Add some fruits and nuts to the oats to improve the taste.
A delicious cup of yogurt can get your calcium, protein, and folic acid levels up during those exhaustive ph
[ Read: Vitamin A Rich Foods During Pregnancy ]
This counts in the category of excellent energy foods for pregnancy.If you love eating bananas, then you are assured of an antioxidant, potassium-rich and energy enhancing snack. Bananas are easy to digest and boost energy levels. Chop some bananas up and add some peanut butter to make this delicious energy snack.
[ Read: Superfoods To Eat During Pregnancy ]
4. Hummus Dip:
These energy foods during pregnancy are fabulous.Hummus dip is a good protein source, helps keep the tummy full and is quite easy to digest. The main ingredient in hummus dip is chickpeas. Chickpeas are one of the richest sources of vegetable protein and are rich in dietary fiber, which makes them especially healthy for pregnant women. More importantly, hummus dip is a high energy food.
You Will Need:
- ½ cup presoaked and cooked chickpeas (cooled)
- Two cloves garlic minced One tablespoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- A pinch of Tahini (you can find this Arabic spice in supermarkets)
- Three tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (use one tablespoon of oil while serving)
- Pomegranate seeds for garnish
- Add all these ingredients to a blender and process them until you get a thick, smooth paste.
- For added flavor, you can pour a tablespoon of olive oil and decorate it with pomegranate segments.
- Enjoy the dip with the whole wheat pita bread or crisp vegetable slices such as capsicum or carrot.
- This wholesome food will nourish you and make you feel energized.
[ Read: Vegetarian Recipes During Pregnancy ]
5. Cottage Cheese:
Cottage cheese has decent amounts of calcium and protein. You can prepare it along with some veggies or herbs for lunch to have an energy-laden and nutritious meal. Pasteurized milk is usually used to make cottage cheese, and it is readily available in many grocery stores or supermarkets. Try out new recipes for cottage cheese to avoid getting bored of eating the same thing. Cottage cheese has a low carbohydrate value, which also ensures that you don’t build up excess glucose in your body.
[ Read: Nutritious Fruits To Eat During Pregnancy ]
6. Mixed Fruit Bowl:
Consider making a customized fruit bowl to give you the needed energy. Add some fruits to make a fruit bowl. Chop up some bananas, oranges, and mangoes and mix them with slivers of dry fruits like almonds, cashews, walnuts, and raisins. Have this delicious, yet energy-laden dessert after a dinner of some cottage cheese salad or pita bread and hummus dip.
Consult your doctor before including these power foods in your pregnancy diet.
Do you know of any other delicious energy foods? Tell us about your favorite high-energy recipes below.
- Is It Safe To Eat Spicy Food During Pregnancy?
- Top 10 Nutritional Foods To Eat During Pregnancy
- 6th Month Pregnancy Diet – Which Foods To Eat And avoid?