Let’s start with the good news. The not-so-pretty changes you see in your skin and hair post pregnancy are mostly temporary and will get back to normal on its own, in due course of time.Skin care after pregnancy often takes a back seat as your little one becomes your center of attention.
Hair and skin go through a lot of changes during and post pregnancy. Some women experience acne, pigmentation, stretch marks, puff eyes, dark circles and hair loss, while others have the pregnancy glow which stays with them throughout.
Once your baby arrives, you will be running short of time on most days with barely any time left for yourself. But try taking out 10 minutes of your time to keep your skin and hair looking great. Here is our little beauty guide for post pregnancy skin care!
Changes You See In Your Hair And Skin What They Mean:
While you are pregnant, you will be seeing a lot of change in your skin and hair. Here is what is actually happening:
Here’s what your hair is going through:
1. Hair Loss:
This is one of the most common problems that will haunt you from around the 3rd to 4th month post-delivery.
- During pregnancy, the hair is in the growing stage and the falling stage is slowed down.
- Thanks to the rise in hormone levels during pregnancy, you would have had luscious luxurious hair.
- Post-delivery, the hormone levels come back to normal and the normal hair cycle is resumed.
- Therefore, you will go through a phase of shedding a lot of hair, which may seem unusual, but is completely normal. Don’t worry, you are not going bald!
- This hair loss is temporary and you will see your hair texture coming back to normal 6 to 12 months post-delivery.