There have been some conflicting debates over few years as to whether you can eat peaches while pregnant or not. This confusion tends to add up to the already existing levels of anxiety when you are pregnant.
Thankfully, it is absolutely okay and safe to consume peaches, as they are filled with great nutrients rather than threats. Also, there is no restriction or limit as to how many peaches can be consumed during pregnancy, though to avoid tummy issues; one is advised to be sensible!
Before learning the benefits of peach during pregnancy, let us understand a little about this delicious fruit.
Peaches – Basic Info:
Peach is a delightful fruit. Tasty and nutritious, peaches come loaded with vitamins and essential health supplements.
- If you are pregnant in the timely season when peaches arrive fresh from the farms, do not hesitate to bite into some of them. You are in for some luck.
- Peaches take a considerable amount of time to bake and ripen in the hot season. Once rip
- You make take an immediate liking to the fruit based on your pregnant cravings too!
Benefits Of Peach During Pregnancy:
Peaches are abundant with all kinds of vitamins that are crucial for your pregnant body and the growing fetus inside. Let us take a look at some of the health benefits of eating peaches during pregnancy:
1. Vitamin C:
Peaches are super rich in vitamin C, which is essential in the formation of baby’s bones, teeth, muscles, cartilage and blood vessels.
- Vitamin C helps in easy absorption of iron into your body.
- Eating peaches helps prevent preterm labor due to the Vitamin C content.
- You may also prevent those stretch marks naturally.
[ Read: Avocado Benefits For Pregnancy ]
2. Folic Acid:
Folate is crucial for the growing baby inside your womb. Folic acid or folate protects the baby while in the placenta.
- Consumption of folic acid is important as it prevents fetus from neural tube defects like spina bifida.
- Your baby’s cognitive development will be more effective with loaded folic acid in peaches.
- It is always good to consume a peach a day for this very reason.
The potassium content in peaches helps you deal with everyday pregnant woes
- Including cramping, fatigue, anxiety and light headedness.
- If you find yourself plagued by any of above-mentioned symptoms, have a peach a day to keep them away!
[ Read: Cramps During Pregnancy ]
Rich in fiber, peaches help you to keep the fiber content optimal during pregnancy.
- Fiber helps you deal with issues such as constipation, indigestion and other gastrointestinal issues.
- Having a peach daily will keep your body regularized with bowel movement, helping in easy labor and childbirth later.
[ Read: Constipation During Pregnancy ]
5. Natural Detox:
Peaches also act as natural detoxifying agents.
- While cleaning up your stomach and intestines, peaches also flush out unwanted toxins and waste from other organs such as liver, kidney and spleen.
- What’s more, they also keep your heart functioning healthy.
6. Beta Carotene:
Eating peaches helps you fill up your body with good levels of beta carotene.
- Beta Carotene helps in boosting the immune system of your body as well as your baby.
- Peaches are a natural source of this wonder vitamin.
[ Read: Guava During Pregnancy ]
7. Reducing Baby Weight:
Apart from being beneficial during pregnancy, peaches also help you post delivery by helping you lose all that baby weight.
Consuming peaches that are low in calories and high in nutrients helps you get rid of unwanted fat and regulate your body function.
Pesticide Concerns And Organic Options:
If you are heavily concerned about the use of pesticides on peaches, it is ideal to check on the kind of produce that you are buying.
- Alternatively, you can also try organically grown peaches as compared to the regular ones to rule out any doubts or fears.
- The market is now loaded with organic options and some include peaches in other forms of food as well.
So, go ahead and indulge in some peaches, making the most of this heavenly peach fruit during pregnancy !
Don’t forge to share your peach story with us mommies.
Reference : 1
- Is It Safe To Eat Oranges During Pregnancy?
- Is It Safe To Eat Muskmelon During Pregnancy?
- 13 Reasons to Eat More Avocados During Pregnancy
- 8 Health Benefits Of Eating Custard Apple During Pregnancy
- 5 Health Benefits Of Apricots During Pregnancy