Nothing, absolutely nothing can even remotely equal the excitement of feeling a life inside of you. Yes, even with all the stress, anxiety, mood swings, hormonal rush and many a times problems that it brings along, pregnancy still rocks!
Still one cannot deny the fact, that with pregnancy a lot of uninvited guests tag along. As your body undergoes host of changes, you must prepare yourself well in advance to space in all the changes comfortably.
Mood Swings During Pregnancy:
Yes we know you are – excited one moment, furious another, frustrated in the third and rolling over laughing right next. All these make it impossible for you to enjoy pregnancy to the fullest.
- There is simply no point resisting mood swings, because they are only natural and bound to occur.
- So let nature take its due course and turn to relaxation techniques, such as meditation, for combating all the stress and strain associated with pregnancy.
Why Meditate During Pregnancy?
Expectant mothers ofte
One of the tested ways of relieving these discomforts is opting for meditation in pregnancy. It is helpful to relax you body, mind and soul.
Meditation is known to increase the energy flow in the body as its requirement is high for expectant mothers. Simply put, meditation helps you pass through your pregnancy comfortably, giving you more energy, strength and peace. It even prepares you much better for you labor.
3 Effective Ways To Drain The Strain:
We hope, by now we have established the fact that meditation during pregnancy is great. And if you are now determined to take it up, here is what you can and should do:
1. Breathing Exercises:
We breathe in and breathe out every single moment without realizing its importance. Meditation helps focus on our breathing and hence relaxes muscle tension, reduces stress and gives strength for coping up. If you are expecting, you must start deep breathing exercises. Here what you need to do:
- Sit down in a comfortable position with your eyes closed.
- Grab your belly from beneath and breathe deeply. Feel your tummy rising each time you breathe.
- You will also feel the movement inside yourself. Breathe through your nose and close your mouth.
- Alternately, you can also do this exercise while lying on your back and place your hands either on your belly or sideways.
This exercise helps bring more peace to your mind and should curb your anxiety too. It pulls you together and provides immense energy. You can also consider this to be a good ‘Me-time’ exercise.
2. Muscle Relaxation:
This technique does wonders during pregnancy (and otherwise) if you find difficulty in sleeping. It might take you couple of days or weeks (or even more) to learn and master it. This meditation technique proves even more beneficial as your pregnancy progresses. Here are the steps to do it:
- Lie down on a floor in a comfortable position. Ensure that your spine and back is well supported, use pillow if you feel the need to.
- Now target one group at a time and proceed. Focus on the decided group of muscles (for instance arms) and tense it.
- Feel the tension in your arms and then slowly release it and relax it fully. Do it again proceeding with other body part or muscle group.
- Build tension and then release it. Keep doing it till you reach your head and face.
- Pay special attention to your belly, neck and spine.
This meditation technique is also known as progressive relaxation technique. It relaxes your body by making it aware of two different states, tension and relaxation.
3. Object Focus:
This meditation technique helps you focus on positives. It largely relaxes your mind by training it to think of things that make you happy and soothe your senses. This technique is believed to bring peace to your mind. It helps ease all the chaos and clutter and helps you settle down your anxiety and tension. Here are the steps:
- Sit down or lie down comfortably. Slowly close your eyes.
- Think of a picture, object or anything that you like to think about.
- Focus on the object you selected and picture it the way you would like to.
- Pay attention to its minute details like the colors, sounds, touch, feel, noise, smell.
- Remember, whatever you think of should bring harmony and peace to your mind.
Most expecting mothers imagine the picture of a baby or picture of their baby being born and growing up. The idea is to ease your mind and release all the unnecessary clutter by focusing on all happy thoughts and images.
5 Benefits Of Meditation During Pregnancy:
The above-mentioned are some of the simplest meditation techniques for pregnant women. Following these techniques may benefit in the following ways:
- Help reduce and control anxiety
- Bring peace of mind
- Help you sleep better and well
- Relax the tension build in your shoulders and your back
- Result in better focus and concentration to help you during labor
Remember to keep breathing in and out while trying these techniques. Your breath should be steady and enjoy every bit while meditating. Make these a part of your daily routine and you will master the art in no time.
We hope these mediation techniques help you through your labor. Enjoy this exhilarating experience and we wish you a happy and safe journey to motherhood.
Share with other readers about the pregnancy meditation techniques that have worked for you in relaxation, in the comment section below.
- 5 Simple Kegel Exercises To Try Out During Pregnancy
- 6 Amazing Benefits Of Walking During Pregnancy
- Is It Safe To Run/Jog During Pregnancy?
- Top 5 Ways To Deal Fainting and Dizziness During Pregnancy