Are you always waiting with bated breath for that one smile from your little angel? Do you look forward to the moment when your darling will reward you with that one bright smile that can beat all your blues away? If you are trying too hard to make your baby laugh, relax. You must be wondering how to make a newborn laugh!
There is nothing that your baby will love more than knowing what is about to happen. And yes, babies do laugh out in anticipation, plus at a lot of silly things too. Read on to know what is it that can make your baby laugh.
How To Make A Baby Laugh?
Here are some simple, silly, repetitive, easy, every day and funny things that can make your baby laugh out loud:
1. Keep It On Loop Mode:
One of the most amazing things that will delight your baby, even though it may make you feel exasperated, is to know what is about to come. Finding a pattern and understanding what is about to happen is one of the easiest ways of making your baby laugh out loud.
- Follow that bedtime ritual of the baby story time with actions. Roll your eyes, play around with your baby’s fingers, make the voice variations again.
- Sing that song that your baby seems to love and sing it for the hundredth time. Sing it when you are putting your baby to sleep, sing it when you are giving your baby a bath, sing it when your baby is eating and sing it when you are playing with your baby. Singing the same song again and again is guaranteed to bring a smile on your baby’s lips.
[ Read: Tips To Make Your Baby Smile ]
2. A Silly Dance:
How to make a baby laugh with a silly dance?You may think it looks silly, but for your baby it is pure entertainment that will make him laugh with joy. Your dancing and jumping around will make your baby laugh and give you one loyal admirer.
- Put on the music and flap your arms. Roll your eyes, roll your head, make those funny noises and just let go of all the inhibitions.
- Your baby will most likely try to follow you, and that will make for some more laugh times, for both your baby and you.
3. Rub A Dub The Nose:
Things that make babies laugh include rubbing the nose !Did you know that cute little button of a nose that your baby has is a sure shot way of making him laugh?
- Rub your baby’s tiny nose gently with your nose. It will surely tickle your baby enough to laugh out loud.
- You can also play games like nibbling and gobbling up your baby’s nose that is sure to bring more giggles.
4. Peek A Boo:
Your baby will love seeing you hide behind those hands knowing that you are about to resurface soon. Rest assured, playing peek-a-boo will keep your baby entertained for hours on end.
- Sit in front of your baby and tell him that mamma is going to hide. Hide behind your hands and make sure your baby can see where you are hiding.
- Now slowly remove your hands and come out with a smile saying ‘boo.’ Do it over and over again. Your baby will love this game.
5. Soft Toy Tickles:
What makes babies laugh?Soft toys?Your baby will love playing with those soft toys, but bringing them out to tickle your little one will be a laughter riot.
- Get a soft, lightweight toy that your baby loves. Tickle him with it on his tummy.
- Make it like a step by step thing, where your baby knows what is about to happen. Bring it close, do a small count, like ‘one, two and…three.’ Then let the toy touch and tickle your baby’s tummy.