Congratulations! It’s a Girl!
While you are excited, anxious and joyful after the arrival of your baby girl, there is one more thing that takes prime importance – naming your little angel. You will be confused about the naming part as you are showered with hundreds of ideas for choosing that special name.
Tips For Choosing A Great Name:
It may look like an easy chore; however, you have to be mindful about your choice depending on your requirements and what the christening reflects on your little darling. You can simplify the process of christening once you are clear about what you want. Below are few tips that can help you narrow down your search for popular names for girls:
- Uniqueness Of The Name – Pick something rare. This will set your baby girl apart from the crowd.
- Meaning Of The Name– What the name means and whether it connects to your young one.
- Background – Factors like family tradition, values, lifestyle, ethnicity, etc.
- Style factor – You cannot deny th
- Simple And Great – Kindly refrain from long, old fashioned and conservative names. Opt for the ones which are simple yet great.
- Divinity – Most names come from the essence of spirituality and godliness. If you are not an atheist this is something that you can look for.
- Depth – Sometimes, there is more than one meaning to a name. It could have a poignant connection to something in the past, fables etc. Find something that strikes a chord of depth if possible.
- Celebrities – Some love their children to be names after their favorite celebrities in films, sports, fashion etc., Make sure the name connects with your child as well as the setting at your home nevertheless.
[ Read: Baby Girl Names ]
50 Most Popular Girl Names With Meanings:
Below are the 50 popular girl names that you can choose from for your little girl. We have a mixture of Christian and Global names for you. Do run through the meanings as well:
- Sophia – Wisdom in Greek
- Emma – Whole or Universal in German
- Olivia – Olive Tree in Greek
- Isabella – Devoted to God in Hebrew
- Mia – Mine or chosen child in Latin
- Ava – Bird in Latin
- Layla – Night in Arabic
- Zoe – Life in Greek
- Kaylee – From Kay and Lee in Greek
- Madelyn – Of Magdala in Greek
- Avery – Wise in French
- Arianna – Holy in Greek
- Mila – People’s Love or Favored in Russian
- Leah – Weary in Hebrew
- Nora – Honor, Light in Latin
- Maya – Illusion in Hindi/ Daughter of Atlas in Latin
- Alaina – Rock handsome in Irish
- Liliana – Lily in Latin
- Bailey – Able in Tuetonic
- Camilla – Attendant in Latin
[ Read: Baby Girl Names With Meanings ]
Global Names (Indian, Islamic, Sikh, Parsi, etc):
A. Indian Names:
- Avanni – Earth
- Chaitra – Names of the Indian season Chaitra Maasa
- Charvi – Beautiful
- Daakshayani – Goddess Durga
- Ira – Goddess Saraswati
- Kaira – Princess
- Niyathi – Destiny
- Nesara – Sun
- Pankhuri – Petals
- Urvi – Earth
[ Read: Unique Baby Girl Names ]
B. Islamic Names:
- Aasmaa – Excellent
- Abida – Worshipper
- Arshiya – Divine
- Baheera – Brilliant
- Dhuha – Evening
- Faizia – Successful
- Zaira – Rose
[ Read: Cute Baby Girl Names ]
C. Parsi Names:
- Abenahir – Water of Stream
- Alma – Nourishing
- Arvaneh – Wild Violet
- Balbina – Strong
D. Sikh Names:
- Gurleen – Infused in the Guru
- Gursiman – Remembering the Lord
- Harjot – God’s Light
- Jasneet – Glorious Friend
- Manjot – Light of the Heart
- Muskan – Smile
- Navkiran – New Ray of Light
- Nimrit – Humble
- Simar – Filled with God’s spirit
We hope you like our short list of most popular names for girls. While the quest for the perfect christening can be tedious, make sure you pick what suits your baby the most. Because a name is forever!
- 100 Nice and Beautiful Baby Girl Names with Meanings
- 101 Sweet & Cute Baby Girl Names With Meanings
- 50 Best Short Names With Meanings For Your Baby Girl
- Top 30 Unique Names For Your Baby Girl
- 100 Latest Baby Girl Names With Meanings