So is it your little kid’s birthday party coming up? Or maybe it’s a back-to-school party or even a “kindergarten grad party”?
Whatever the occasion is, kids are the highlight you probably are thinking of whipping up some cool kid-loving finger foods yourself and looking for inspiration.Finger foods are ideal for children’s parties because they can be eaten in a jiffy and don’t leave any mess.
Our List Of Delectable Finger Foods For Kids:
You are smart in choosing finger foods as the main fare for your party, because kids just love them. It is also easier to clean up after a finger food feast, than a sit down meal! Here we’ve listed the 10 best finger foods you could prepare in the comfort of your kitchen that the kids will love… plus, they’re healthy too.
1. Tuna Sandwiches:
Healthy and delicious, these sandwiches are pretty easy finger foods for kids to prepare.
- In a large bowl, add tuna chunks (or shreds) and mix it with some lemon ju
- After that, lightly toast two slices of bread and spread this mixture on a single slice, and cover it with the other.
- Either you can serve it like this or you could also sprinkle some cheese and grill for a couple of minutes.
[ Read: Healthy Recipes For Kids ]
2. Bread Pattice:
These quick pattices resemble spring rolls, and are ready in just few minutes. What’s more, they are packed with some good veggie power, making them a must-have healthy finger foods for kids.
- In a pan, heat some olive oil, add julienned veggies, some soya granules and noodles. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Now remove the pan from heat, add chili garlic sauce and mix.
- Trim the edges of the bread slices you have kept ready and roll them using a rolling pin till they are thin and flat.
- Place some of this filling, roll it up, and seal using milk or water.
- Brush some melted butter and bake till golden brown.
3. Cheese Popcorn:
- In the pressure cooker, heat some oil and add the corn kernels and salt, and cover for a few minutes and cook till you no more hear the popping sound.
- Heat some butter in a non-stick pan
- Add the melted butter, some cheese powder (or finely ground cheese) and chili flakes, and pour it over the ready popcorn, and you’re done!
4. Fish Fingers:
Healthy and nutritious, these fish fingers are a must have finger foods for kids birthday party.
- Cut any fish (tuna, salmon, etc.) into finger-sized pieces and cover it with some flour.
- Beat an egg in a bowl and add your favorite seasonings to it.
- On a plate, spread plain flour mixed with double the quantity of rice krispies or crushed cornflakes.
- Dip the fish fingers in the egg mixture, then into the rice crispy mixture and fry immediately till golden brown.
- Serve with both spicy and non-spicy versions of a dip. You can prepare this beforehand and store it in the freezer.
[ Read: Nutritious Food For Kids ]
5. Sweet Potato Pizzette:
Who doesn’t love a slice of cheesy yummy pizza? But this time, try something different.
- Cut out 2mm thick slices of large sweet potatoes such that each of them is large enough to hold the pizza ingredients.
- Now spread tomato ketchup, chopped capsicum and onions and some grated cheese over the potato slice.
- Bake this for 10 minutes and allow it to cool.
- Sprinkle chilly flakes and oregano before serving.