Pasta is a staple in most families with kids, thanks to a variety of dishes that can be conjured up by this humble ingredient. Pastas are easy to handle and delicious as well, so kids love eating and lending a helping hand in making them.
From the common spaghetti to the sophisticated cavatelli, from pesto to gorgonzola- the different permutations of sauces and pastas can lead to lots of dishes.
4 Yummy & Easy Pasta Recipes For Kids:
Here are 4 simple pasta recipes for kids that will meet meal or lunch box essential without compromising on their nutrition:
1. Creamy Macaroni and Cheese:
This recipe will keep your kids licking at the plate long after the last crumbs and cheesy bits have been eaten up.
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup butter
- ½ tsp of salt and pepper each
- ¼ tsp of pepper and garlic each
- 2 cups of light cream and milk each
- 30 ounce Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 package macaroni
1. Melt butter on medium heat and whisk
2. Add pepper, salt, garlic and stir.
3. Gradually stir in milk and cream and whisk to remove lumps.
4. Add one third of the cheese and stir smooth. Add another third and stir until smooth.
5. Cook macaroni according to package directions and mix with the cheese-milk mixture off the heat.
6. Pour into a greased casserole dish and sprinkle the last third of cheese on top.
7. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
[ Read: Healthy Recipes For Kids ]
2. Ravioli Soup:
A great vegetarian dish that is a treat to the taste buds and takes virtually no time to prepare.
- 2 cups of chopped bell pepper and onions
- 1 can of fire roasted crushes tomatoes
- 1 can of vegetable broth
- 2 cups of zucchini
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ tsp red pepper
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- 1 package cheese ravioli
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and add bell pepper, onion, garlic and red pepper. Cook for a minute.
2. Add tomatoes, broth, water and marjoram and bring to a boil.
3. Lower the heat and add ravioli to cook until almost done.
4. Add zucchini and bring back to the boil.
5. Cook for 3 minutes and season with pepper.
3. Chicken Stuffed Shells:
For your chicken loving kids, this is a recipe to fall in love with.
- 4 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 6 ounces chicken stuffing mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 20 large pasta shells, cooked
- ¼ tsp of salt and pepper each
- 1 tsp seasoning mix
- ½ can water
1. Combine chicken, mayonnaise, prepared stuffing mix and seasonings.
2. Stuff the shells with the chicken mix and place on a large, greased baking pan.
3. Mix soup with water and pour over the chicken shells.
4. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
[ Read: Egg Recipes For Kids ]
4. Bonus 10 Minute Recipe:
For those of you in a hurry:
- Chop the following vegetables roughly:
- 1 carrot
- ½ an onion
- ½ a stick of celery
- 8 ripe plum tomatoes
1. Cook 350g of pasta according to package instructions and drain.
2. Chuck the vegetables, 1 teaspoon of dried oregano and pesto sauce each and 2 tablespoons of raspberry vinegar into the blender to get a smooth paste.
3. Add to the saucepan, bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Toss the pasta with the sauce and top off with grated parmesan and basil leaves.
[ Read: Pizza Recipe For Kids ]
Pasta has been a favourite not only with kids but adults too. If your kid loves pasta, it is a great way for you to add a lot of vegetables and non-vegetarian items to it, and add more nutrition to your kid’s daily meals.
These healthy pasta recipes for kids are easy to cook and delicious too. We are sure you and your kids will love eating these. Get them to help you in the kitchen and make it a fun family meal.
Tell us which pasta recipe for kids did you like the most and try it to make your darling happy.
- 10 Yummy Baking Recipes To Try Out For Your Kids
- Top 15 Healthy Recipes For Kids Meals
- Top 20 Bread Recipes For Kids That You Can Try Today
- 10 Delicious Finger Foods For Your Kid’s Party!