From a little helpless wee thing to being a tiny little toddler with his milk teeth, your baby has come across a long way into development. With each passing day, he is growing into a cute little guy and soon, you will now be teaching him good habits and table manners.
It is the responsibility of every parent to make sure their child develops certain habits – such as hygiene- from the very beginning. Among the many habits, teaching kids to brush teeth everyday is one of the most important ones, for many reasons.
Brushing Teeth For Kids
Here we bring you the best information about how to get started with helping your kid brush his teeth for the very first time. Check out 4 simple tips on how to brush kids’ teeth in a proper manner.
1. Choosing The Right Toothbrush:
Picking the right toothbrush for your kid is as important as brushing. You can’t just pick up any random toothbrush you see at the store! Some tips while shopping for a toothbrush:
- While browsing through different varieties, ch
- Also, choose a brush that has a round head, so that you don’t have to worry about it hurting your kid while he brushes his teeth.
- Ideally, a child’s toothbrush must be small, have a firm grip so that the child can hold it easily.
- It should be colorful and can also have funny, cartoon characters on it. So that you don’t have to struggle every day to get your child to brush his teeth.
2. Picking The Right Toothpaste:
When choosing toothpaste for your kid, there are certain points you must keep in mind.
- Make sure you pick toothpaste that’s meant especially for kids.
- Kids need toothpaste that has much lower fluoride content, while the toothpastes that adults use have high fluoride content.
- Stick to organic toothpastes if possible. Many kids tend to ingest the toothpaste too, and you don’t want your kid swallowing harmful ingredients!
- Also make sure the toothpaste you choose has a fun flavor like strawberry or bubblegum. This will help make brushing a fun affair every day.
3. Mastering The Basics:
Helping your kid follow a complete oral hygiene system is the best you could do to ensure he has the proper dental hygiene in his entire life. Here are some basic facts you should know :
- While brushing your kid’s teeth, you need to be extremely gentle in your approach. Kids tend to have delicate gums, so be careful there.
- Use a pea sized amount of toothpaste and then start from the teeth at the back.
- Hold the brush at an angle. For every few teeth on the right, left, top and bottom, use angular motion to brush off the food particles.
- To prevent deposition of food particles, use upward and downward motions on all teeth.
- Finally come to the front teeth. Gently rub the front and back of the ‘front’ teeth properly, using upward and downward motions.
4. Tongue Care:
Believe it or not, many of us, as adults, tend to miss out on a very important factor of proper oral health, which is tongue cleaning. Use a tongue cleaner to help your kid clean his tongue appropriately every day. Studies have revealed that over 90% of bacteria that cause foul odor of the mouth reside on the tongue, so make sure your kid learns to clean the tongue too.
We hope this article on brushing teeth for kids was useful. Incorporate some fun activities while brushing teeth, and sneak in some facts about proper brushing you would like your kid to know. Do you have tried and tested tips for brushing for kids? Please share them with us here.
- 10 Different Types Of Braces For Your Kids
- 14 Remedies To Cure Bad Breath In Children
- 25 Ways To Ensure Good Habits For Kids
- 7 Simple Tips To Correct Bad Habits Of Children