Who doesn’t want to take a break from work to spend quality time with their near and dear? The excitement of being together with one’s family soars high with the approaching holidays.
We want to enjoy to the fullest. But, how?
10 Best Family Holiday Movies:
We usually get overwhelmed and often get indecisive about what all activities to indulge in to make our bond stronger. Here is a compilation of some of the most loved family holiday movies.
1. Home Alone:
Released in the year 1990, the movie turned out to be a blockbuster hit at the box office and still continues to be one of the most loved family movies.
- It is the story of a little boy who is left back home while the other members of his family go to France. This 8 year old boy then guards his house against some reckless burglars.
- The movie is loved for its rib tickling humor and is best watched along with the whole family.
2. Children Of Heaven:
This is an Iranian family drama released back in 1997. The movie revolves around
- Scared to share the incident with their parents, who are already going through major financial crises, the two plan to share the brother’s shoes.
- The story has been knit very aptly and the child artists have done a commendable job.
[ Read: Family Activities For Kids ]
3. The Princess Bride:
The Princess Bride, an American romantic comedy fantasy adventure film, released in the year 1987 became an instant hit. The movie continues to hold its charm even today.
- It is a classic fairy tale that revolves around the life of a beautiful princess who is caught by an evil prince.
- Like every fairy tale, a gallant hero comes and rescues her from the clutches of the villain. It is a kind of movie that the entire family will enjoy.
4. The Incredibles:
Superhero films are loved alike by kids as well as adults and this one has been a hot favorite among the masses ever since its release. The film’s story revolves around a family of undercover superheroes.
- The members of this incredible family yearn to lead a peaceful suburban life however they are forced to use their super powers to save the world.
- The American computer-animated comedy superhero movie includes some breathtaking action sequences that offer a visual delight.
[ Read: Positive Thinking In Children ]
The movie, released in the year 2007, revolves around the life of a smart rat who strikes a deal with a kitchen worker, working at a popular restaurant. What follows is a series of interesting incidents.
- This computer animated comedy film co-directed by Brad Bird and Jan Pinkava is a must watch family holiday movie.
- If your kids like cooking or anything food related, they will simply love this one!
6. The Adventures Of Tintin:
The 2011 release includes the story of a brave reporter Tintin and Captain Haddock. During the course of the film, the two go out for an exciting treasure hunt in a sunken ship that was commanded by Haddock’s ancestors.
- This 3D motion capture computer animated adventure movie has an intriguing plot that is sure to keep you hooked on to the screen until the end.
- The movie is based on the famous comic series by the same name. If you and your family enjoy watching thrilling and adventure movies, then this is a must watch for you.
The movie is about a baby pig that grows up in a farm and desires to be a sheepdog. Will his dream come true?
- The movie is set in a working farm, and the kids will have a ball checking out the various animals that live in the farm.
- A heartwarming holiday movie for all ages, this movie teaches kids the value of dreaming and following through what you believe.
[ Read: Good Habits For School Children ]
8. The Incredible Journey:
The Incredible Journey is a popular Walt Disney film that narrates the adventure of three pets, Luath the Labrador Retriever, Bodger the Bull Terrier, and Tao the Siamese cat.
- The three animals travel 250 miles through the Canadian forests and mountains to return to their home.
- The exciting movie is based on the novel, titled the same, by Sheila Burnford.
[ Read: Animal Stories For Kids ]
9. Polar Express:
The Polar Express is a computer-animated Christmas film, which tells the story of a child who has grave doubts about Christmas.
- On Xmas Eve, a young boy finds a grand train waiting on his doorstep. He has been invited to take a journey on the Polar Express!
- Does he get on the train? Yes, he does… watch the movie to join him on his spellbinding adventure.
The story is about Buddy, one of Santa’s elves, who learns that he is actually a human. He goes to New York City to meet his father, whom he learns is not a believer in Christmas!
- Does he succeed in making his father believe? Seeing the movie will solve this mystery.
- Elf is another Christmas film, though this one is a comedy and will be well received by your kids!
Watching the family holiday movies is a good idea during vacations.
We hope the suggestions given above would make a great list for you! Watch them with your kids to make the most of your holidays. Have fun!
Tell us about your choices:
- 7 Amazing Educational Activities For Your Kids That Will Keep Them Engaged
- 25 Ways To Inculcate Good Habits In Your Children
- 10 Benefits Of Story Telling For Your Kids
- 10 Beautiful Places To Enjoy With Your Kids In India