“You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside” – Wayne Dyer It is no longer a hidden secret that yoga is one of the best things you can do to rejuvenate yourself. Yoga helps you, prenatal and postnatal, to stay alive to the joy and glory, helping to increase your stamina and check stress levels. Yoga for moms helps to treat various disorders in organs, improves body posture, increases brain activity, strength and endurance. Above all, it helps both your mind and body relax and de-stress.
Top Ten Poses of Yoga For New Moms That Bring Serenity:
On a busy day when you are tired and need to relax your mind and body, several yoga workouts purely designed for purpose of relaxation helps you stay calm. Here is a list of simple post natal poses of yoga for busy moms that are great for relaxing and maintaining your overall well being.
1. Legs Against The Wall:
The 5 minutes upside-down yoga workout o
- Start by sitting five inches away from the wall, exhale and then slowly swing your legs up onto the wall.
- Rest your head on to the floor, arms out to your sides and keep your spine straight.
- Stay on this for few breaths and then release yourself by moving the weight of your belly towards the back of your pelvis.
[ Read: Post Pregnancy Diet ]
2. Supine Twist:
This exercise helps to alleviate the pain in the lower back, spine, knee and hip.
- Lie down on your back facing upwards.
- Bent your knee crossing outside towards the opposite foot with your feet flat on the floor.
- Keep both the shoulders squared extending the opposite hand and look vacantly towards the hand.
- Start to straighten the bent knee for a deeper stretch.
3. Reclining Hero Pose:
This pose stretches various body parts and facilitates complete relaxation.
- Kneel on your mat, keeping your knees and hips apart.
- Bend your hips and bring your upper body forward until you can rest your forehead on the mat.
- Sit back between your ankles, lean backwards and slowly walk your hands at the back.
- Gently lower the rest of your body to the floor.
- Stay into this position for few seconds, and release yourself.
[ Read: How To Remove Stretch Marks After Pregnancy ]
4. Butterfly Pose:
A beautiful and relaxing yoga pose for moms.
- Firstly, stay in the primary pose, keeping your neck straight.
- Breathe naturally, bend both the knees and pull inwards.
- Hold your feet firmly with your hands, keeping the torso above the waist and placing your elbows on the thigh.
- Inhale deeply and press both the thighs downwards until they touch the floor and then exhale.
5. Firm Pose:
This is a very easy yoga pose to follow, and can be done virtually at any time of the day.
- Simply lie on your left side, keeping your body straight with legs one on other.
- Keep your left arm folded to cushion your head.
- Try to remain in this position for at least five minutes keeping your eyes closed.
6. Cobra Pose:
The name of the pose sounds “so reptile”, but indeed this is one of relaxing yoga positions.
- Start by lying your face down on the mat with your palms placed at a position lower than your shoulder.
- Then carry out your abs by leaning your pelvis and drawing your belly towards your spine.
- Press your palms, rotate your shoulders back and push your upper body off the floor and hold for few breaths and then release.