Do you have to run after your kid with a glass of milk? Does your little angel always make excuses to avoid drinking milk? Are you worried that your kid might be missing out on a very healthy part of nutrition by not having enough milk?
If you too are a worried mother whose kids don’t like milk, you should try and introduce milk in their diet. Read this post and learn about the many benefits of drinking milk.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Milk For Kids?
Drinking milk has many benefits for your kids. Not only do they give your kids strong and healthy bones, but they also aid in your kids’ overall growth and development. Drinking milk every day will also help your kids maintain overall good health. Here are some milk benefits for kids:
1. Milk Is Rich In Calcium:
Milk is one of the best sources of calcium that your kid can consume.
- It keeps your kid’s bones healthy and strong and prevents bone loss.
- It helps prevent headaches, and even migraine attacks that kids experie
- Calcium prevents childhood obesity. It will help your kid fight the flab, as it also helps to reduce unwanted fat from the body.
- Calcium is also extremely important for your kid’s dental health.
- The recommended amount of daily calcium helps blood clotting and your kid’s nerve signals also work in perfect condition.
- Calcium helps release hormones and other chemicals from your kid’s body.
- It will also help in properly squeezing and relaxing your kid’s muscles (1).
[ Read: Calcium Rich Foods For Kids ]
2. Vitamin D In Fortified Milk:
Vitamin D helps your kid’s body absorb calcium from various sources.
- Fortified milk contains decent amounts of Vitamin D.
- It helps to promote bone growth in your kid and will also reduce any chances of brittle bones, especially in later years.
- Vitamin D can help to reduce inflammation. It helps boost your kid’s immune system.
- Vitamin D deficiencies can escalate to various conditions like osteoporosis in later years or rickets during childhood (2).
[ Read: Symptoms Of Vitamin D Deficiency In Children ]
3. Healthy Teeth:
Milk is rich in calcium and phosphorus, which are crucial to your kid’s dental health and tooth development.
- Calcium and phosphorus together help to maintain the health of your kid’s teeth.
- One of the most important proteins found in milk is casein. It helps to form a thin film on your kid’s teeth’s enamel surface and helps to prevent the loss of calcium and phosphate.
- It is especially helpful when your kid’s teeth may get exposed to the acids present in the mouth.
- Many dentists will recommend your kid should drink only milk in between meals, in addition to water. It is because drinking milk does not cause tooth decay (3).
4. Good For Blood Pressure Levels:
Drinking milk can help your kid’s blood pressure levels stay in check.
- According to studies, your kids should consume at least three portions of milk each day along with a healthy and balanced diet.
- Consuming milk along with a low salt diet keeps your kid’s blood pressure levels in check (4).
5. Helps Stay Hydrated:
Your kid should drink lots of fluids throughout the day to stay hydrated.
- Drinking milk is a great way for your kid to stay hydrated.
- It is especially important for your kid to rehydrate after a strenuous workout or any stressful physical activity. Drinking milk helps your kid’s body recover after an exhausting exercise (5).
[ Read: Smoothie Recipes For Kids ]