Do you want to add fruits to your baby’s diet, but confused which one to begin with? Don’t worry; we have the right choice for you – Mango!
Feeding your little munchkin is an experience in itself. Most of the babies throw tantrums during feeding time and mommies are left thinking what more can be done to make things interesting.
Well, mango can be your savior during such times! Why? Because it carries a yummy taste and contains maximum number of nutrients. Mango is one of the healthiest fruit for your baby as it protects eyesight, can be digested easily, helps fight microbial infections and aids brain development.
6 Benefits Of Consuming Mango For Babies:
Mango contains a lot of good nutrients for your baby for a strong body and mind. It has the following benefits for your little one:
1. Easily Digestible:
If you feed mango puree to your infant, it will be easily digested. It contains enzymes and bio-chemicals like terpenes, esters and aldehydes that help promote dig
[ Read: Peaches For Babies ]
2. Promotes Vision:
Your baby’s eyesight is not fully developed and he or she needs extra dose of vitamin A from foods to promote it. Ripe mango is the best source of vitamin A, which is required by your baby for proper development of vision.
3. Anti-Microbial Properties:
Feeding mango to your baby will help promote epithelial function in the body and thus microbes attack is reduced. There are less chances of your baby developing common cold, sinusitis and rhinitis.
4. Boosts Immunity:
Mangoes for babies can help boost immunity, as it is high in beta- carotene. Carotenoids help remove the free radicals from the body, thus helping boost the immunity level of the body.
5. Promotes Brain Development:
Mango consumption helps improve brain functioning, as it is rich in vitamin B6 and glutamic acid. These substances also help to improve your baby’s memory.
[ Read: Squash For Babies ]
6. Protects From Sunstroke:
Mangoes help protect your baby from sunstroke during summers and hot winds. Unripe mangoes can be boiled and this cooked juice can be given to your toddler if he is very active during summers. This will help cool off the heated body.
Yummy Mango Recipes For Babies:
You can provide full nourishment of mango for baby with the following recipes:
1. Simple Mango Puree:
If your baby is between 4 to 6 months old and has started on solids, you can give mango puree for baby:
- Take a tender, ripe mango that is soft enough to mash and can be given to your baby.
- Peel the fruit and take out its pulp in a bowl.
- Now mash it with the back of a fork or you can also grate it on a grater to get the soft pulp.
- Feed this mashed pulp to your baby with a small baby spoon.
- It is a very simple and mess-free way to feed mango to your baby.
[ Read: Kiwi For Babies ]
2. Mango And Carrot Puree:
If your baby is six months and above, you can mix mango with carrots or oranges and prepare puree.
- Take 2 to 3 carrots and 1 mango, peel and chop them.
- Now, add half cup of water with chopped mango and carrot in a cooker.
- Cook for 10 minutes and remove from stove.
- Let it cool and make its puree by mashing with a spoon. If you want a thinner consistency, use a blender or add boiled water.
- This method will combine the benefits of mango as well as carrot.
[ Read: Grapefruit For Babies ]
Apart from these preparations, you can also prepare mango smoothie with full fat yogurt or milk and feed it to your baby. Your sweet little one will definitely like its taste!
Hope by now you must have known amazing benefits of mango for babies. If you have some more mango recipes for babies and want to share with our readers, please write in the comments section below.
- 5 Amazing Benefits Of Oranges For Babies
- 7 Yummy Fruit Purees For Your Baby
- 6 Health Benefits Of Raisins For Your Baby
- 5 Easy Steps To Prepare Banana Puree For Your Baby