As a parent, you would obviously be concerned about the wellness of your baby, wouldn’t you? You would always want to feed her with the best of foods and make sure she is enjoying a healthy and robust life. And in case you are wondering which food to start with, then you can go for oats without batting your eyelid!
Oats has a high nutritional value and is rich in fiber content that makes it easily digestible. You can introduce oatmeal for babies when she is as young as six-months and has started eating solid foods. You can make many interesting recipes with oats and add other nutritional ingredients to make it a wholesome diet.
Here are some interesting and delicious recipes with oats for babies which are easy to make! And guess what? Your little one will love these and would only want more!
1. Oats Roti:
Oats have a low fat count and serves as a good iron-rich recipe for your little one. When you want to give oats to your little one, you should make sure it i
- Take a cup of whole wheat flour and half cup of quick cooking rolled oats. Add some finely chopped coriander.
- Knead the dough with water and then keep aside for 15 minutes. Now make small portions of dough and make round rotis.
- Side by side, heat a pan and cook the roti with oil. Cook till it turns golden brown, and you can serve it with sweet curd.
2. Oats Dosa:
You can also make an instant oats dosa which is light as well as tasty.
- Prepare a batter using oats and udad dal. You need to soak them overnight and then blend it in a mixer. Add some water and salt to get the required consistency.
- Now take a non-stick pan and grease it with oil. Add a spoonful of batter and spread it evenly like a dosa.
- Let it become crisp and become golden brown in color. Serve it with coconut chutney or ketchup.
[ Read : Buckwheat For Babies ]
3. Oats Pineapple Sheera:
This is highly recommended for babies because of its high nutritional value. Do not forget to include this sweet variety of oats for baby.
- Take ghee in a non-stick pan and add oats into it. Sauté the mixture for 2-3 minutes and let the oats turn light brown.
- Now add pineapple puree to it and mix it well. Add sugar, milk and water to it. Cook till the water evaporates. Serve it warm.
4. Oats Idli:
These yummy and soft idlis will make your little one ask for more.
- Prepare a batter for idli by mixing oats flour, semolina, curd and water. Then keep aside for half an hour.
- Grease the mould with ghee or butter before use. Add a little fruit soda to the mixture. Now put the batter into the Idli mould.
- Let it cook for 5-10 minutes and then unmould it. Serve with butter.
[ Read : Chickpeas For Babies ]