Are you pregnant and experiencing the tell-tale signs? Do you have to look after your toddler too? Well, if the pregnancy blues and maternal chores are bogging you down, fret not! A few handy tips are here to help!
Managing a toddler is a full-time job. Add to that a dose of morning sickness, and you have more than your hands full. Read on to know how to cope with morning sickness and a toddler.
Tips To Cope Morning Sickness With A Toddler:
Here are some tried and tested practical tips that will help you look after your toddler, even as you battle that morning sickness.
1. Place Fresh Scents Around The House:
- When you are pregnant, different scents can make you react differently.
- Various aromatic scents can soothe your nausea. You may find aromatic oils helpful.
- You can also try sniffing on some fresh lemons or smell a flower from your garden.
- Place these fragrant objects at strategic points around the house.
- You could place these scents in the form of candles or d
- You can also decorate your home with fresh flowers.
- Make sure to keep all these objects out of the reach of your naughty toddler.
[ Read: Remedies For Morning Sickness During Pregnancy ]
2. Make Good Use Of The High Chair:
- Place the high chair at a spot where you can keep an eye on him even from the bathroom.
- You can also keep a few finger foods ready for such emergencies. Place these on the tray to keep him occupied.
- Arrange a few of his interesting toys on the chair to keep him entertained and happy.
- In most cases, you will feel uncomfortable once the morning sickness strikes. Pick up your toddler and place him safely in his high chair.
- Your toddler’s high chair can come in very handy when you experience those bouts of morning sickness.
[ Read: How To Prepare A Toddler For A New Baby ]
3. Use Lie Down Time To Teach:
- After morning sickness becomes regular, you will want to lie down more and rest. It can be an impossible feat when there is a hyper-active toddler in the house.
- Take out some big pillows and cushions and place them on a clean spot on the floor. You can do this near your bed or a couch.
- Arrange some building blocks and colorful toys that your toddler can enjoy playing with and remain busy. Lie down and relax while you teach your toddler about various colors and objects.
[ Read: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Preschool ]
4. Ask For A Break:
- A little time out will help you relax and feel re-energized.
- Ask your spouse if he can take a day off to help you with your toddler. It may not be a regular help but it will be a nice break occasionally. Dealing with morning sickness and a toddler can be a difficult.
- If you have a friend or relative who stays nearby, you can always ask for some help. Check with a friend who has a toddler at home and arrange for a play date. It will help you get some rest while your toddler has fun.
5. Look For A Play School:
- Once your baby arrives, your morning sickness will go away on its own.
- Till the time you deliver, you can enroll your toddler in a play school near your home.
- Look for classes that are specifically designed to run for a few months. You can always take your toddler off the list once your morning sickness subsides.
Morning sickness affects different women differently. You may suffer from it only for the first few months, or it could continue till delivery. Take care of yourself and make sure you get proper rest and eat well. If your morning sickness is getting too difficult to handle, speak to your doctor about it. Morning sickness with a toddler cab be handled.Just take good care of yourself.
Did you battle morning sickness while taking care of your toddler? How did you manage? Do share your special tips and tricks with other moms here.
- 6 Natural Ways To Deal With A Stomach Bug During Pregnancy
- How Can Vitamin B6 Help Fight Morning Sickness?
- Morning Sickness During Pregnancy – 6 Causes & 7 Symptoms You Should Be Aware Of
- Is It Safe To Take Zofran During Pregnancy?