You are always fussing over your child’s nutrition and diet. Junk food is a strict no-no for him. Do you know you can tantalize his taste buds the healthy way, too? You can include the family favorites by adding a new twist to the recipes. Tasty food need not be junk necessarily.
Here is a guide to healthy dinner recipes that your kid will surely enjoy. We have shared some easy and quick dinner recipe ideas, which you can prepare on a special evening or during the weekends.
Top 16 Easy Dinner Recipes For Kids To Make:
Good health begins with eating right. To make sure your kid enjoys a healthy dinner, you need to add a twist to it. Here we shall take a look at some of the easy and quick dinner recipes for kids that you can try.
1. Pizza Recipe:
Most kids love to gorge on yummy pizzas. Why not you prepare them at dinner? Here is a quick and simple recipe for it.
- Pizza crust
- Mozzarella cheese
- Pizza sauce
- Ham strips
- Preheat oven at 425 degree.
- Unroll the crust and put in a greased baking pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Spread the pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, capsicum and tomato. Arrange other toppings of your choice.
- Bake for 15 minutes till the cheese melts.
Remember to serve him pizzas straight from the oven. Watch your kid as he enjoys this healthy pizza treat.
[ Read: Pizza Recipe For Kids ]
2. Chilli Con Carne:
If you are looking for something healthy and light at the same time, this can be a great choice.
- Beef stock
- Olive oil
- Kidney beans
- Large onion
- Tomato paste
- Sliced tomatoes
- Fry meat in olive oil in a pan. Add garlic, chili and onion and fry till golden brown.
- Stir the tomato paste and tomatoes with beef stock.
- After simmering for 20 minutes, add beef stock, beans, cumin and oregano.
Once ready, season with pepper and salt.
3. Apple Muffins:
This can be an incredibly healthy dinner recipe for kids, if you are looking for something light.
- Cup dates
- Red grated apple
- Caster sugar
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven at 180 degree and put the cups in a tray.
- Sift cinnamon and flour in a large bowl. Add caster sugar.
- Mix eggs, yoghurt and oil and whisk well.
- Pour this on the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir dates, pecans and apple and place in the cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes till the muffins are fully baked.
It tastes good whether you serve hot or cold.
[ Read: Egg Recipes For Kids ]
4. Spaghetti And Meatballs:
Spaghetti can be a delicious choice when your kid is hungry:
- Vegetable oil
- Tomato paste
- Diced tomato
- Minced beef
- Pepper and salt
- Bay leaves
- Mix minced beef, pepper, salt in a bowl and cook for 5 minutes.
- Then add the onions slices, tomato paste, diced tomato, sliced carrot, butter and bay leaves and stir occasionally.
- Follow instructions for cooking the spaghetti.
Serve with the meat sauce and grated parmesan cheese.
[ Read: Simple Recipes For Kids ]
5. Pulled Pork:
Pulled pork is low in fat and a delicious dish that your kid will love:
- Pork fillet
- Dark brown sugar
- Wine vinegar
- Oil spray
- Chili powder
- Heat oven at 140 degree.
- Fry the pork fillet along with cinnamon, chili powder, wine vinegar and brown sugar.
- Boil it and cook for 3 hours.
- You must check it regularly and add some fluid if required. Cover with a lid.
- Remove the pork from oven and with a fork pull it apart.
Serve hot with burger buns and salads.
6. Chicken Noodle Soup:
There are plenty of health benefits that your kid can enjoy with chicken soup:
- Whole chicken
- Parsley stock
- Bay leaves
- Spaghetti noodles
- Salt to taste
- Add mushrooms, parsley, garlic, onions, and bay leaves in a saucepan.
- Boil the chicken. Once it is boiled, allow it to cool.
- Separate the stock from the chicken and add salt to it. Boil for another 10 minutes.
- Sieve the stock and set aside.
- After washing the sauce pan, boil the stock again. Add salt again, carrot, spaghetti, celery and cook till they are boiled.
- Add seasoning, shredded meat and serve hot.
This can be a wholesome meal for your little one.
7. Fried Rice:
If you are thinking of a healthy dinner you can never go wrong with this:
- Basmati rice
- Soy sauce
- Cooked chicken
- Capsicum red, yellow and orange
- Boil the rice and drain the excess water.
- Heat oil in a pan and pour eggs to make an omelet and remove from the pan.
- Take oil again and add the onions, capsicums, and fry till they are cooked.
- Add soy sauce, chicken and cook well.
- Add the boiled rice and stir the ingredients well.
- Sprinkle omelet strips and serve hot.
Your kid will savor every grain of rice.
[ Read: Rice Recipes For Kids ]