If you always find yourself at a dilemma while deciding what to cook, you sure are parenting a kid.
Kids can be very picky and choosy when it comes to their meals. This leaves most moms at a loss on deciding a dish that is both nutritious and tasty enough for their kid. But have you ever considered taking an accomplice in your daily chore of cooking… and by accomplice, we mean your darling child!
10 Benefits Of Cooking With Your Kid:
Many parents encourage cooking with their kids. There are various benefits of cooking along with your kid.
1. The first one being the obvious fact that you get to spend much more quality time with your kid.
2. Cooking with kids can help build a great parent-child bond.
3. It will help your kid gain basics of cooking and food combining, which is always an asset (as eventually, your child may need to sustain himself alone!)
4. It can teach your kid more about portions and other mathematical calculations like measurements.
5. Your kid learns to follow instructions while cooking from a cookbook. They also learn to share responsibilities and offer help.
6. You can introduce your kid to a whole new vocabulary related to cooking.
7. All the processes like cutting, chopping, whipping, blending and kneading, among others, help develop your kid’s motor skills.
8. They learn to value food and understand the concept of healthy food right from an early age.
9. When your kid cooks a dish all by himself or with your help, it boosts his self confidence.
10. Above all, cooking with your kid is cool and you sure will have a lot of fun. Treat this as a great stress buster.
10 Easy And Very Simple Recipes For Kids:
So now that you are convinced about why cooking with your kid is important, here are the top 10 simple cooking recipes for kids that you must try out.
1. Chocolate Banana Milkshake:
Kids love cold milkshakes. Try making this healthy and yummy milkshake with your kid.
- 1 banana, preferably frozen and chopped.
- 1 cup milk (use full fat milk for your kid).
- 4-5 tablespoons of chocolate-flavored milk powder.
- 1-2 cups of vanilla ice cream.
- Put all the ingredients together in a mixer jar.
- Blend it all well until your see a smooth milkshake ready.
- Serve chilled.
[ Read: Summer Food For Kids ]
2. Hot Dog Sandwich With Banana:
Try this hot dog sandwich with a fruity twist to it.
- 1-2 pieces of hot dog buns.
- 3-4 tablespoons of peanut butter.
- 1 banana.
- First of all, toast the bun well.
- Now spread peanut butter on buns generously.
- Place half banana on each bun.
- Roll and enjoy your banana hot dog sandwich.
3. Fruity Sandwich:
Try this sandwich with a fruity touch to it. Your kid will sure love, both cooking and eating it.
- 2-3 slices of slightly toasted breads.
- Chopped apples, apricot, pears and oranges.
- Pineapple pieces crushed in its juice.
- Whipped cream cheese.
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Mix all fruits, cream cheese and crushed juice together well, ensuring it all binds together.
- Now take each toast and place the mixture on it and enjoy.
[ Read: Calcium Rich Food For Kids ]
4. Fruit Salad With Yogurt:
We all know salads are healthy, let us give it a fruity twist to it.
- 3-4 cups yogurt (preferably vanilla flavored).
- 5-6 cups of fruits like banana, oranges, strawberries, apples and melons.
- Wash and cut all fruits likewise.
- Take a mixing bowl and add all fruits and yogurt together.
- Mix up well.
- Let the salad refrigerate for some time and enjoy it chilled.
[ Read: Yogurt For Kids ]