Asking your kid to eat healthy and pamper his taste buds usually do not go together. However, fun fruit salads can be a great way to make your kids have the seasonal fruits, reap its benefits and enjoy it too.
Here is our pick of top 15 easy fruit salad recipes for kids to make. Our pallet of salad recipes for you:
1. Berries, Melon And Pear Salad With Cayenne and Lemon Mint Syrup:
It will surely tantalize the taste buds of your kid.
- Add 1/3 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup of water, 3 tablespoons of honey, 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of ground red pepper in a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Remove it from the stove and add 1 tablespoon of lemon rind and 1/4 cup of chopped mint.
- Leave it for half an hour and then strain it.
- Chop melon, pear and mix different berries in a bowl,
- Add mint and ground black pepper.
- Now, pour the prepared syrup over the chopped fruits and gently toss.
- Cover the bowl and keep it in the refrigerator for two hours, st
- Ground red pepper helps manage the sweetness of the pear, melons, and fresh berries.
[ Read: Smoothie Recipes For Kids ]
2. Summer Fruit Salad:
It is a refreshing salad made of seasonal fruits.
- To prepare this refreshing salad you need 2 avocados, 2 cups of green grapes slit into halves, 4 cups of loosely packed arugula, 1 julienned mango, 1 cup of strawberries, 2 teaspoons of grated ginger, 1/2 cup of bottled poppy seeds dressing, 1/4 cup of sliced green onions and 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Whisk ginger and dressing together in a big bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and gently toss them with the dressing. The salad is ready to serve.
3. Fruit Salad With Yogurt:
The salad recipe will surely make your kids want more.
- You need 4 cups of pineapple chunks, 1 quart of strawberries, 2 sliced mangoes, 3 cups of green grapes, 4 oz of fresh raspberries, 1 tablespoon each of honey and dark brown sugar and 2 cups of Greek yogurt
- Pour the yogurt in a bowl and drizzle it with sugar and honey.
- Now, mix all other ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve mixed fruits salad topped with a ladle of chilled yogurt.
[ Read: Yogurt Recipe For Kids ]
4. Strawberry And Melon Salad With Lemongrass Syrup:
The sweet and sour salad will tease your child’s taste buds.
- Mix lemongrass, chilies, sugar, lime zest with 1 cup of water and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer until it thickens.
- Keep stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Transfer it to the ice water bath and let it to cool for 15 minutes.
- Now, take strawberries, melon and mint in a bowl and strain the cooled syrup over the fruits. Keep it in the chiller.
- Mix ginger into crème fraiche.
- Now for serving, take some fruits into a bowl and add a dollop of ginger cream over it.
5. Watermelon Salad:
The salad will be a refreshing delight for your kids.
- You need 4 cups of cubed watermelon, 1/2 cup of chopped red onions, 1/4 cup of chopped parsley, 1/4 cup of pitted olives, 1/4 cup of chopped mint and 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese.
- Add juice and onion in a medium bowl and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Mix watermelon cubes, olives, mint and parsley in a bowl and keep it in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
6. Diced Fruit Salad:
This tasty salad is also a visual treat for your kids.
- In this recipe, you need one each of the following fruits – kiwi, papaya, mango, 1 pint of strawberries and 2 bananas.
- Cut slices of berries and kiwis and dice mango, papaya and bananas
- Spread out fruits on a lettuce leaf without any dressing.
7. Frozen Fruit Salad:
The frozen fruit salad is a perfect summer delight.
- You will need 1 tin of condensed milk, 15 oz of mandarin oranges, 21 oz of tin cherry or peach pie filling, 1 tin of crushed pineapple, 1 carton of frozen whipped topping, 2/3 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans and lettuce leaves.
- Take a large bowl, mix pie filling and milk. Add pineapple, oranges, and nuts.
- Mix whipped topping gently.
- Transfer to a rectangular pan, cover and freeze in the refrigerator.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.
- Cut out square pieces and serve on lettuce-lined plates.
[ Read: Summer Recipes For Kids ]
8. Mango Salad:
Mango is the king of fruits and is the perfect ingredient for a summer special salad.
- You need 2 mangoes, 1/2 cup of lemon juice, 1/2 cup of fresh pineapple, 2 or 3 fresh strawberries, 1 cup of orange juice.
- Cut pineapple and mango cubes.
- Blend lemon juice with orange juice and pour over the fruits.
- Serve on a lettuce leaf and garnish with strawberries.