A good teacher can inspire hope, ignite the imagination, and instill a love of learning – Brad Henry.
Teachers play very important roles in shaping the future of your child. Teacher’s day celebrations are a way to celebrate the unparalleled contribution of the teachers in your child’s life. Teachers love the activities performed and the fun games hosted by students on this day. It gives an opportunity to your child to come closer to her teacher and develop a strong bonding.
6 Fun And Interesting Teachers Day Activities:
You can encourage your child to improvise a wonderful plan with the rest of her friends for a special celebration on the eve of teacher’s day.
Here are some fun activities for teachers day, that can make every teacher feel special:
1. Stage Performances:
This particular teachers day activity for kids is definitely the best way to express their emotions. To be a sure entertainer, ask your child not to discuss any plans with the teachers. Following are som
- Live band performances involving the school band is a good idea.
- Children can dress up as teachers and mimic them. However, your children must not end up disrespecting them in any way. Harmless fun can be enjoyed by all. Teachers will love to see their replicas on stage.
- You can encourage your child to organize dance competitions. Students, who love dancing, will love to grab the offer.
- Dramatic activities that put up the scenarios in classrooms can be an interesting way of entertaining teachers. It can be a wonderful way to interact with the teachers.
- If you think your child is a proficient singer, encourage her to sing for her teachers. Again, teachers can be encouraged to participate in a singing competition. Make sure there are prizes for the winners.
Children can organize outdoor or indoor activities for teachers. Here are some ideas:
- Football games.
- Scrabble contest.
- Carom competitions.
- Basketballs are some exciting ideas.
These activities can be followed by prize distribution, for which you can take help of a non-teaching staff and organize together with your child.
[ Read: Team Building Activities For Kids ]
3. Arrange Informal Chatting Sessions:
Teachers’ day is a wonderful occasion when children can engage in informal talk with their mentors.
- You can encourage your child to engage in free flowing discussions.
- This can help clarify their academic thoughts and rectify their negative traits.
4. Thanking The Teachers:
Teachers’ day celebration is the best way your child can express her gratitude to her teachers.
You can encourage her to develop speeches, organize parties with others in class or dedicate quotes to teachers.
5. Arrange A Picnic:
Your child with her friends can arrange a surprise picnic for their teachers.
Children can carry cameras, umbrellas, beverages, snacks, tissues and baskets, which constitute the picnic essentials.
[ Read: Cutting And Pasting Activities For Kids ]
Children can decorate the staff rooms and hallways. You can share interesting ideas with your child, like writing special messages on the board and decorating with balloons, ribbons and cards.
You can also encourage your child to draw “World’s Best Teacher” certificate and gift to her teacher.
[ Read: Educational Activities For Kids ]
Teacher’s day is one of the occasions that teachers as well as students look ahead to. Every school and educational institute has its own of celebrating this special day. You can share teachers day activity ideas and plans to help your child make her teachers feel special.
Celebrating and recognizing roles of the educators is something that you should teach your child from the very childhood. This is a good way to encourage your child to get closer to her teachers. Just the way teachers encourage students to excel in their academics, the teachers too shall love to be appreciated for all the efforts they put in.
Moms share with us how you encourage your child to participate in teachers day activities in the comment section below.
Reference : 1
- 10 Team Building Activities That Will Keep Your Kids Busy All Summer
- 10 Fun & Easy Activities To Do With Your Kids This Summer
- 12 Exciting Activities To Do With Your Family This Weekend
- 7 Great Wild Animal Craft Activities For Your Kids