Are you planning to start a gluten free diet for your kid? Do you feel the options are limited in the category? Are you running out of ideas about what to rustle up for your kid’s dinner?
If the above-mentioned thoughts are worrying you, read through the article here. We share a few delicious and easy gluten free recipes for kids that will be perfect.
Here are the top ten gluten free recipes for kids:
1. Easy Oven Pancakes:
- Canola oil
- Almond milk
- Gluten free flour
- Baking powder
- Honey or maple syrup
- Pour the canola oil in a baking dish. Put in the oven and set temperature to 425 degrees.
- Mix eggs, almond milk and vanilla in a bowl. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Combine both the mixtures and whisk to prevent any lumps.
- Once oven is heated, get the dish out and pour the batter. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Once done, cut the pancakes into squares and serve with honey or maple syrup.
2. Granola Bars:
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Gluten free oats
- Raisins, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, peanuts or soy nuts
- Apples, berries, apricots
- Vanilla extract
- Peanut butter
- Mix everything together. Make sure the honey, peanut butter and vanilla extract are properly mixed.
- Line a jelly roll pan with greased parchment paper. Put the mixture in the pan and flatten using hands or ladle.
- Bake at a temperature of 275 degrees till it turns golden brown. Remove from heat and pat down to make the bars hold. Cut as per the size you want.
[ Read: Healthy Organic Recipes For Kids ]
3. Quinoa Dish:
- Milk – soy, rice or almond
- Banana or nuts
- Boil the milk and add quinoa. Boil again and simmer for about ten minutes.
- Stir the honey and cinnamon and simmer for another eight minutes. Keep aside.
- Add the banana or nuts and serve with honey.
You can easily make this scrumptious gluten free kids recipes!
4. Banana Bread:
- Over-ripe bananas
- All-purpose gluten-free flour
- Baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees and grease a loaf pan.
- Mash bananas and beat the sugar, butter and egg along.
- Stir flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add the banana mix, stir well and pour in the pan.
- Bake for about an hour.
5. Pumpkin Cake:
- Melted butter
- Baking and pancake mix
- Canned pumpkin
- Sugar salt ginger
For The Topping:
- Melted butter
- Brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the butter, pumpkin, sugar and egg. Add remaining ingredients (except topping) and mix. Pour in a greased loaf pan.
- Mix topping and put evenly over the batter.
- Bake for about an hour or till the center is not runny any more.
6. Belgian Waffles:
- Warmed milk
- Melted butter
- Lemon juice
- Brown rice flour, millet flour
- Potato starch
- Ground flax meal
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Xanthan gum
- Berries or chocolate chips
- Preheat waffle maker and separate eggs. Mix yolks, butter, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Mix brown rice flour, millet flour, potato starch, flax meal, sugar, baking powder, soda, xanthan gum and salt to make a smooth texture.
- Stir the two mixes together.
- Beat egg whites until a stiff peak forms.
- Fold one half of the egg whites into the batter. Now fold the other half.
- Fold in berries or chocolate chips
- Use non-stick cooking spray to coat the waffle iron. Pour the batter in the iron to cover the grid.
- Cook as per instructions.And you will love to make these gluten free recipes for children
[ Read: Macaroni And Cheese Recipes For Kids ]